To try some thing new or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Log hog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Am I the only guy who is always wondering if that truck or that chipper or that saw is better that the one I have. For instance I just got the new arbor age magazine and seen a add for Red Max saws. I have also seen some things on Dolamar saws made in Germany seem like a good saw but I am not sure about service and parts from where I'm at. I know of a rep for Dolamar he has one I can demo, think I will take him up on the offer. I have heard about them both but very little. They look like some nice saws but are they better than my Stihls and Insureds? I have had no troubles with either. I was told if it ain't broke don't fix it. Any Suggestions?

Check with the guys in the chainsaw forum
I'm sure they could give you some good advice.

I use only stihl and husky saws so i cant help .

Stihls in the tree, Husky's on the ground. If the saws you speak of are better, then it's marginal I'm sure. That .00005 of a second through an 8"x8" ock block won't save you any money at the end of the day. Parts availability should also make your desicion easier...what's that? You haven't bought very many parts for the saws you have? Sounds like you don't have a problem. If there's no problem then there's no need for a cure.

Amen !

is that redmaxx dealer gonna be there next year when you need a part?i agree,there are other great saws out there.i like red max and maryama but their dealers are too few and far between.same with dolmar.there is a dolmar dealer not far from me but he isn't in an area that i go to.i'd have to make a special trip and waste at least an hour,maybe two to run down ther and he doesn't stock much.husky and stihl work and their dealer network is convienient.that is what matters when something goes down in the middle of a job.knock on wood,i haven't needed anything but a chain and one gas cap for any of my husky's.

Back