today's gasoline is total garbage!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I use this, the closest place to me sells 93 sans the ethanol. I just got 15 gallons last week, I think it was $4.15/gal or so. Ethanol isn't added at the refineries, its added at the distribution plants, and they'll usually have a pump out front to sell the straight stuff. Pretty good insurance, and a lot cheaper than "50FUEL"

jeff

Jacks it all up. One of the reasons ethanol is used, is it's affect on burn rate and ignition. Remove the ethanol and you have a fuel of unknown quantity.

No thanks. I'll keep pestering the guys at the local dirt track, hit the Marina, or fill the farm tank with Corn free Marathon Rec 90.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Good info! Did not know that!

What I will say is that I've been removing ethanol from gas on and off (I always run ethanol free, it's just a matter of having a station close enough) for 4 years, and never had a problem, whether I'm running my saw working for a logging company or just cutting my yearly 2 cord of heating wood.

I wish I had access to any of your 3 solutions. Being landlocked with no tracks around doesn't help my cause!

Like I have said before My Stihl dealer has 6 8oz bottles of gas from the 6 different stations here in Stanwood. And what they look like after a month is just plain ugly.

I spent 6 hours today working on my JohnDeere riding lawn mower; Replaced the fuel lines and filter and in gas tank it looked like jelly on the bottom of the tank and it was emptyed at the end of the season cleaned the carb out and the rest of the tune up

At least its ready for the season now it is a 93 model JD

I just purchased 20 gal of 89 Octane Non-ethanol gasoline for my saws, weedeaters, tiller, and lawnmowers for $80. My Farm Diesel tank is about empty, fillin' that thing is going to smart.

I just purchased 20 gal of 89 Octane Non-ethanol gasoline for my saws, weedeaters, tiller, and lawnmowers for $80. My Farm Diesel tank is about empty, fillin' that thing is going to smart.

If you got diesel, at the price of the sh*t nowadays, go the alt-fuel route! WVO, WMO, WATF, etc. I'm suggesting this because you're far enough away that you're not going to affect my ability to collect as much WVO as I need!

I'm locked in at $3.35 for off road, but am still waiting on the first of two deliverys of 300 Gallons of Rec 90 Corn free with no lock.
The distributor wouldn't agree to a pre buy on a specialty fuel. Gas hit $4.15 here today for Regular 10% corn 87.

Yeah I'm sweating a little.

This is an ugly subject, and I gotta watch my angst with politics and Ecomorons.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm locked in at $3.35 for off road, but am still waiting on the first of two deliverys of 300 Gallons of Rec 90 Corn free with no lock.
The distributor wouldn't agree to a pre buy on a specialty fuel. Gas hit $4.15 here today for Regular 10% corn 87.

Yeah I'm sweating a little.

This is an ugly subject, and I gotta watch my angst with politics and Ecomorons.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Cheer up, guy, Go Green!

Just kidding, I'm just trying to get you riled up to see what other information/rantings I can get out of you!

Yall should move to Alaska, state law prohibits ethanol in pump gas! Highest rating you can get at most stations is usually 89 or 90 though.

weird thing is my older stuff runs fine the newer stuf like my ms200 and 192 and my insight run like crap on 10% ethenol thanks for the alki free site to bad nearest is corpus, will try the seperation though makes since since we used rubing alki to dispers water in fuel so why not water to disperse alki, my ms 200 runs great one day then next day constantly tuning it, my be humidity with the crap gas,
Paul
were can you get avgas100

The only problem we've had with this new fuel to date is evaporation, and difficult hot restarts in really hot/humid weather. In carburetor applications, that are vented to the atmosphere, it doesn't stick around very long.

All of my saws are a tad sensitive to shutting them down for refueling, and not starting them back up within a few minutes. If allowed to "heat soak" in really hot weather, they are a tad difficult to start, and then act lean for about 30-45 seconds till some fuel gets worked up thru the carburetor.

This NEVER happens if the outside temps are below apprx 80 degrees. Even my new Husqvaran 435 acted up in really hot/humid weather after shutdown, so it's not just related to my older saws.....Cliff

i have yet to have a problem! use 93 octane (supposedly 10% ethanol) and husqvarna LS which has fuel stabilizer. i have ran my 350 for six years and have never ever had a problem! havent had to do a carb kit, just replaced the fuel line last year for piece of mind. most the problems are from owner/ operator not knowing what they are doin!

Am I right in thinking it doesn't matter as much how old ethanol free gas is?

I have a few small mom n pop stations fairly close that sell it, but then I wonder how long their 89 or higher has been sitting in the tanks.

I only got a C in chemistry too

i have yet to have a problem! use 93 octane (supposedly 10% ethanol) and husqvarna LS which has fuel stabilizer. i have ran my 350 for six years and have never ever had a problem! havent had to do a carb kit, just replaced the fuel line last year for piece of mind. most the problems are from owner/ operator not knowing what they are doin!

Same here, except I was running 87-89 w/10% eth. 3+ years with no trouble. But I never let the stuff sit around for a year either. ;)

Have found Conoco 91 here in south central Mo is eth free. Been runnin it almost a year now.

Furtunately we have several stations where all their octanes are ethanol free. I run 91 octane with seafoam in all my outdoor power tools and have never had any fuel related troubles. Out here in the Black Hills of SD apparently we have low quality wood (ponderosa pine) but high quality gas...

If you cant get access to real gas just use some sta-bil or a stabilized 2 cycle mix....

Latest posts

Back