Too many Saws not enough wood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm definitely Suffering from CAD. I have a Stihl 046 on the way and got a 026 PRO on eBay last night. I already have a Sears Electric, a Stihl 020T and A 036 PRO. I just don't have many trees to cut. I could cut down 1 or 2 This year. The 020 T and the 036 Pro would have done that with no problem. So why do I have two more saws on the way? I don't heat with wood either. The 046 has a 32 in bar on it. My biggest tree is 23 in in Dia. I may have to have logs delivered so that I can Try these new saws out. I also don't climb trees. What am I doing with a great tree climbing saw? I know one thing. If a 2 in branch falls to the ground I can take care of it.

Wiz

Having too many and no wood to cut...

I had plenty of wood to cut last summer...I should have taken my time cutting them up. I also had a new log splitter I was anxious to try out, now it sits idle too.
I've been looking at a place to move that has about 10 or 12 acres of woods but wife doesn't want to go that far away from where we live now..there's always a party pooper...

I feel ya. I'm going to put a wood stove in my garage so I can burn all the wood I cut. Our house currently has a propane "fireplace" in it. Soon as we get some bills paid off I'm getting a real one. I don't have a huge amount of wood to cut on my place but we live on a wooded road with little traffic so there is always stuff to cut nearby.

I traded a bunch to diggers dad. That put me at 12. Can't help myself, now up to 20 runners and 10 parts saws and I still want more.

Too many saws???

We have 169 and looking for more!!!:msp_smile:

Don

Seriously? That's insane

I worry about having saws sit without being run at least once a month and I cut and sell about 30 cords a year.

You guys don't worry about having these saws just sitting around? I also, don't like having saws that don't run well or have to be babied.

Keep your eyes open for storm blowdowns. That's where I find many of the trees I get to use my saws on. I have 7 saws and don't burn wood, but I have kept a neighbor in firewood for the last 7 years from blowdowns, tree takedowns where the wood was left for whoever would take it, and from thinning a few of my own trees.

Latest posts

Back