Too much wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well the last few weeks have been great for my wood pile .. working at least 3 years ahead. Doing some work on my property with trees down from Sandy in the back woods. Had to cut some trees to make a road I have pulled out 6 trailer loads with at least 4 or 5 left. I had a rear tire blowout on my Kubota tractor. When I was at the supply house I met up with a friend who works for the state DOT. Saw the wood and asked if I needed more. Well duh ....

Attachments

• 20151027_123123.jpg
    20151027_123123.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 150
  • 20151027_140834.jpg
    20151027_140834.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 150
Nice job! There's no such thing as 'having enough.' Even with oil prices dropping wood is still the better deal. Nice trailer.

I'm on the hunt for a decent 6x12 or so. I'm probably just going to buy new because owners of used stuff think they're made out of gold.

People here seem to think their used dumps (trailers) are worth 500 more than they cost new, same with their diesel trucks and used guns... But hey I suppose there's an ass for every seat

I bought the trailer new .
People here seem to think their used dumps (trailers) are worth 500 more than they cost new, same with their diesel trucks and used guns... But hey I suppose there's an ass for every seat

Thats because they paid way too much when they bought them. Nobody seems to haggle anymore, I negotiated with three dealers till I got the price I was comfortable with

well the last few weeks have been great for my wood pile .. working at least 3 years ahead. Doing some work on my property with trees down from Sandy in the back woods. Had to cut some trees to make a road I have pulled out 6 trailer loads with at least 4 or 5 left. I had a rear tire blowout on my Kubota tractor. When I was at the supply house I met up with a friend who works for the state DOT. Saw the wood and asked if I needed more. Well duh ....

No such thing as too much. You can always sell some if you run out of stacking room. Black Locust will not rot no matter how long you keep it, don't know about the other species.

Yeah energy prices are cheap now but we all know that's temporary . It will go up eventually .Firewood is a great investment for the future you can never have too much

Some of you have nice open woods. Man, a truck and trailer in the woods. Around here they are to thick to ride a bicycle in.

Latest posts

Back