tool box for the kubota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been lookin' at this for a while. The ROPS is not really needed, but a tool box is.
Finally figured it out, I guess. Not pretty at all but I think its gonna work. Had to work out the angles and such.
View attachment 288103
A sheet of 1/2" fir plywood that I used last year as a "bridge" doing some trench work in the back yard. Some scraps and stuff and part of an old quart tube of polyurethane glue without a nozzle. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll get a pic of it finished and filled. :msp_biggrin: Last trip outta the woods the bucket needs to be carrying wood, not tools.

I truly hate beeing the safety police but I have been unfortunate enough to respond to fatal calls on rollovers where the ROPS has been removed. I know that we all consider ourselves more than competent to run our equipment but it happens very fast. Please don't let anybody else operate that tractor with such an important safety feature out of operation. Legally it could become your issue if something were to happen.

I'm not usually the safety police and I really hate doing it but removing the ROPS is one of things I feel very strongly about.

I too really beleive that you should have your rops on. I too have been called to a role over from a tractor with the rops removed. He did not make it, sad to say. Why don't you build a Carry-all for your 3-point instead. There has been a couple built and shown on hear or go over to tractor by net and look at those over ther. Most people have chainsaw mounts and gas mounts built right in. Plus can haul wood out as well. Then you can have a more balanced tractor with wood in the bucket and wood on the carry all on the 3 point.

Beefie

I would design it to work with the ROPS in place, not in place of the ROPS!

I made some mods to a carryall, added the drawbar with clevis attachments to capture the chains, also built a deck for it to carry tools. Still a work in progress but you can see how I use it. It has turned out to be very handy.

carryall1.jpg

Oak10.jpg

Oak14.jpg

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that the ROPS is generally not necessary as a safety device. It most definitely is necessary in the vast majority of conditions. However, the two fields that I mow and the woods that I haul firewood from are very slightly sloped, but pretty much flat. No dips, big ruts or mounds to contend with. Keep the bucket low, don't try to pull sideways, and pay attention. Liquid-filled rear tires and a 360# belly mower make it a stable platform for the work I do.
When I take the tractor off-site, the tool box comes off and the ROPS goes back on.
Again, I'm NOT recommending that others do this.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that the ROPS is generally not necessary as a safety device. It most definitely is necessary in the vast majority of conditions. However, the two fields that I mow and the woods that I haul firewood from are very slightly sloped, but pretty much flat. No dips, big ruts or mounds to contend with. Keep the bucket low, don't try to pull sideways, and pay attention. Liquid-filled rear tires and a 360# belly mower make it a stable platform for the work I do.
When I take the tractor off-site, the tool box comes off and the ROPS goes back on.

Thanks for clearing it up. We like to see all the Members on AS not in the papers OB. I still would consider a Carry-all , it would help with the balance of the tractor.

Beefie

A good friend was killed on an old massey without rops. A guy that I worked with was killed on a Kubota with rops. I'd rework the box and keep the rops on. You don't always get to pick when shi*** happens.

We got tired of hauling tools in the bucket and fabed up this slip on/off tool carrier. In the summer we carry long handled tools that rest on the carrier and the handles slid between a rope tied between the ROP.

a>

...crude but effective.

Latest posts

Back