Tools "NOT RECOMMENDED" for chainsaw repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We all discuss the cool tools that you recommend for use here and there for use on chainsaws. How about the tools that you have used that do not work particularly well on chainsaws? I'll start off with two:

BFH (Big Friggin Hammer)

Pitman arm puller. :bowdown:

What has anyone else found to not work how anticipated/cause unexpected results?

Last edited:
Carb. cleaner to degrease vintage roller-nose on a bar that has(had) orig. paint. :(

I got so pissed at a Mac Eager Beaver a while ago, took it out back and shot the crap out of it.

Did that once with an 032. After I'd thrown it, like a bafoon -breaking the fuel tank- it bounced spinning in mid air slinging mix fuel all over. Upon landing part of the chain or bar struck concrete apron in front of storage building, sparking setting lawn, building and saw alight. No option left but put it out of it's misery, and extinguish the spreading blaze. I felt like a junior Einstein... 12ga. (wrong tool)

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one that shot one...double barrel 12 gauge to a poulan...

I got so pissed at a Mac Eager Beaver a while ago, took it out back and shot the crap out of it.

I thought I was the only one that shot one...double barrel 12 gauge to a poulan...

Maybe soon Dr.Phil will start a "Saw Killers Anonymous Group" S.K.A.G. Hell, I'd stop in for at least one meeting.

Using a standard screwdriver to try to remove Torx fasteners.

Using worn out screwdrivers of any sort, damaging fasteners in the process.

I've been known to use a 5 lbs hammer, my rigging axe, crow bar, Impact, Vise, and my 4" grinder...

Always watch out for a guy with a 5 pound hammer, who tells you " you're probably not going to want to watch this" when he's got your Husky 3120 sitting on his work bench.

After I'd thrown it, like a bafoon -breaking the fuel tank- it bounced spinning in mid air slinging mix fuel all over.
I've done that with a Jonny 52 after a solid 2 1/2 hours trying to get the flywheel off. The gas cap broke into a bunch of pieces, but other then that, it held up fine for being slammed against the cellar wall. :chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back