Top Handle Extravaganza

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut a nice (Ford Ranger bed) trailer of firewood Sunday and only used my 3410.
I love that little saw.
Only drawback I've found to it so far is that it doesn't run out of fuel quick enough.
WAY too long between breaks! LOL

Mike
I wish I could have done that as well. I only made 3 cuts per saw, per mod. I cut the cookies as thin as I could. I ran totally out of wood. Sorry:(

and is the 150 a pro saw or clammy?
Clammy, unfortunately. The only one here that isn't is the 201T. That's why it cost more.
You sure about that Brad? I'm nearly positive the MS150 is a split case, removable cylinder design just like the 201. Hence the $400+ price tag on a sub-30cc top-handle.

You sure about that Brad? I'm nearly positive the MS150 is a split case, removable cylinder design just like the 201. Hence the $400+ price tag on a sub-30cc top-handle.

You are exactly right! I was just looking at the IPL and saw the error of my ways. Way to go Stihl! This saw just seriously jumped in my books, and it was already pretty high. The vertically split crank case is very small, just enough to house the bearings and crank. It then fits into the plastic chassis. I'm OK with that. I'm sure and all magnesium chassis would have weighed a lot more. Very cool design. Has me thinking now. If I hang onto this thing, I may have to do some more work to it!

I was actually in there to start doing some parts comparisons, seeing if I could come up with a 3/8 solution. Lo and behold, they make a 3/8 Picco clutch drum for it, PN 1146 640 2006. I'm wrong again. I thought they were 1/4" only. This saw should be amazing with 63PS chain on it. BTW, the piston stop is PN 0000 893 5904.

Anyone know the PN for a 3005 mount Picco Light 12" bar? What's the DL count on it? Thanks.

MS150TC_1-M.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________

MS150TC_2-M.jpg

Not sure on the bar part number but I imagine the drive link count would be 44 for a 12" bar runnin 3/8

I noticed the 150 has only one ring any thoughts? I was always told two rings were better

I have a stock 150 and that little saw is so nice to have around it goes everwhere I go worth ever penny

Bump for an oldie but goodie.

The 201 & 200 are still the best top handle saws every made, but the 355 offers a very good value.

Since this thread I worked one one 540. Never again. Nearly the entire saw has to come apart just to remove the muffler. That's ridiculous and simply doesn't work for me.

Latest posts

Back