topping and limbing saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KG441c

Keith
Reaction score
Opinions on best saw for felling smaller hardwood 12" to 16" and topping/limbing. Stihl 241c, stihl 261c ,or Husqvarna 550xp?Already have a 441c for larger trees

261c I says....ported by mastermind if wanting more. I'm a firewood hack that cuts mostly oak and cherry. 24"-26" is about the max where I'm cutting now and I have no problems. More like 16"-18" on avg. this saw is plenty light for me.IMG_20140325_082446397.jpg

I have the 441c with 24" Sugihara and was considering the 362c with 18" bar. 362c with 18 may be too much for topping ?

Sawtroll im.sure considering the 550! No dealer support in my area though Id have to order parts through Husqvarna online parts ?

well it for sure will be autotune or m tronics. Im not so concerned with handling as i am power. Sold my carb 261 and gave my 021 to a friend so im considering a 362c with 18" bar for larger tops and limbs?

Sawtroll im.sure considering the 550! No dealer support in my area though Id have to order parts through Husqvarna online parts ?

you can get your parts from a sponsor here. There are several good ones to choose from. Terry L (tlandrum) could use all the money he can get right now for his family, and Im sure you cant beat his prices. Better yet- he carries Jonsered also. So your choices would be 545, 550, 555 or 2253, 2258 and whatever Jonsereds model is for the 545. And if you want it ported before you run it- Terry is "one shop" shopping.

well it for sure will be autotune or m tronics. Im not so concerned with handling as i am power. Sold my carb 261 and gave my 021 to a friend so im considering a 362c with 18" bar for larger tops and limbs?
This is why I lean more towards a 261c. The 550xp from what I understand is the saw to have for all out limbing duty. Port a 261c and slap an 18" bar and you're good to go for more all around firewooding I think...

Maybe try a 550. You already had a 261 and well I dont see the cm version being all that different. Personally I'd like to try different saws and collect your own data. Cant really tell how a saw is until you run it.

261cm, 550xp, 362cm.......
cant see a wrong decision with those.

Im liking the idea of the extra grunt of the 362c with the 18" bar . May not need porting qith a 362 for larger tops and limbs. I may get the 261c and port or maybe a 562xp

I really dont care if the saw handles lighting fast in tops as that may get unsafe hurrying. Cutting firewood is a hobby for me

I had the regular 362 as a one saw plan for firewood it worked really well. If it was an Mtronic with the new upgraded air filter I would have kept it. Now using a 261 and 441cm excellent saws. I use the 441 for felling and bucking the bigger logs and the 261 for everything else. The 261 get used the most and is the favorite around here.

Back