Tower removal???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who has the liability if the helo crashes?
I would certainly think that liability would go straight to the helo business, just as soon as they sign the contract and get paid, well up front I'm sure. I certainly wouldn't pay them for services, then hafta have it come back on me at some point. The helo boys go out and assess the job as well, I would think, well before contract signing begins.

We did one of those a few years ago for a friend, had no idea what I was doing. It wasn't that big tho, about 80 ft tall and anchored at the ground along side of a building. We pulled the bucket truck and crane right up to it, hooked it up about 60 ft up and took it in 2 picks, with a Sawzall lol..

I have officially bailed on this. Hate doing that, but I think the wide advice here steered me in the best direction.

I probably would have used sawzall because I have a cordless one...otherwise a Metabo would be cutter of choice.

It occurred to me before I called him back....it might not even be his tower. The previous building owner was probably just renting it. He said it is no longer used and assumed it was his. Thought it was used by local fire department (volunteer). I told him he should call them and say "One of the guy wires on YOUR tower on top of my building has broken. When will you be sending somebody out to take care of that? If it easiest for you to just remove the tower, I am open to that possibility."

I have officially bailed on this. Hate doing that, but I think the wide advice here steered me in the best direction.

I probably would have used sawzall because I have a cordless one...otherwise a Metabo would be cutter of choice.

It occurred to me before I called him back....it might not even be his tower. The previous building owner was probably just renting it. He said it is no longer used and assumed it was his. Thought it was used by local fire department (volunteer). I told him he should call them and say "One of the guy wires on YOUR tower on top of my building has broken. When will you be sending somebody out to take care of that? If it easiest for you to just remove the tower, I am open to that possibility."

Oh so yer a quitter?

I agree, Dr. P.
The Black Knight was far more resolute, even after his arms got lopped off.
Kids these days......

Back