trailer tires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starterlogg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well guys it finally happened one of my trailer tires is no more, goes flop,flop,flop now, so heres the loaded question what to replace them with? tires on the two axel car trailer right now are car tires , bought it that way and have had now problems uptill now, and so I ask... replace just the one or do new tires and rims thru Northern. Rims now are 15x7's with 255x70x15 . :help:

Depends on what you do with it. Yard & local? Highway? Heavy loads and high speeds? Pulling through city or urban areas? Different tires for different applications. Daily use or occasional wood hauler? Single axle or double? I have several trailers and put tires on each based on their use.

Probably wouldnt fit but mobile home tires are good. Depends on how much weight you put on your trailer. If you dont put much on it car tires will do but if you haul alot of weight on it the trailer tires will be better.

I am not sure about 255's but i know on my little trailer i got load range E 225-70-15's and they sure will hold more than the trailer prob will.

I’ve been driving big trucks with trailers of all types and sizes for most of my 52 years.
Hers my thoughts!
Tires can mean the deference between life and death! Don’t skimp!
Buy 2 good new tires that are rated for at least what you plan to carry and add another 25% for extra safety.
I could tell you many stories about the good and bad of going on the cheap.

I replace all tires after 10 years, even if the trailer sat that 10 years and never moved.
Dry rot is as bad as a bald tire, if not worse.

New tires that are rated above what you plan to carry, and you can ride with confidence.

No worries mate!

Latest posts

Back