Transport damage to new chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

increasing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought new chainsaw which has been damaged on transport due to bad protection inside the box.

What would be a reasonable compensation for this …

The shop says the chainsaw can be used as it is… Even if it can be used fine with the damage, the pleasure of having it will be reduced and the resale value will be reduced.

What is boring here, the transport price is half of the chainsaw's value so there is no sense in sending it back. Tips for repair, is there any problems using a chainsaw, what would you do ?

See photo and video:

IMG_5382.jpeg
View attachment IMG_5421.mov

Well by all measures it's new and that isn't even cosmetic, it's damaged for sure I would raise a fuss and demand a new replacement or send it back for a total refund, any shipping on them 100 percent.
Stand your ground technically, and legally you are in the right, and it is all on them, so demand remedy. Stop Credit card payment immediately, and that will wise them up and give you leverage to remedy this.

I agree with lone wolf. Unless I misunderstand, you paid for a NEW saw. THAT is a DAMAGED SAW. Not cosmetic either. THAT DAMAGED saw is not what you paid for. 100% refund including return shipping, Or Replacement Saw ( undamaged) and a Return Authorization to send that one back for free.

Was the packaging damaged in a way that would show it was damaged in transit? If properly pcked, the seller should make a claim to the shipper.
There was no visible damage to the box, too little packaging under the chainsaw.

Run it as is, I don`t think so, that is a busted AV mount not a crack in a shroud or cover. That is part of the main crankcase/body of the saw. Demand a new replacement and don`t give in. It was not your fault it got broken in transit.
That has been my opinion too, they think I can use the chainsaw as it is but the pleasure of having it will be reduced and the resale value will be reduced.

I agree with lone wolf. Unless I misunderstand, you paid for a NEW saw. THAT is a DAMAGED SAW. Not cosmetic either. THAT DAMAGED saw is not what you paid for. 100% refund including return shipping, Or Replacement Saw ( undamaged) and a Return Authorization to send that one back for free.
That would be the best solution, but shipping back would be as much as I paid for the chainsaw and shipping

Well by all measures it's new and that isn't even cosmetic, it's damaged for sure I would raise a fuss and demand a new replacement or send it back for a total refund, any shipping on them 100 percent.
Stand your ground technically, and legally you are in the right, and it is all on them, so demand remedy. Stop Credit card payment immediately, and that will wise them up and give you leverage to remedy this.
Thanks, I'll do what needs to be done

I have had good communication so far, answered all their questions, took pictures they wanted also of the box. When they thought I could use a chainsaw with the damage and compensate with some points to my account. I said no to the offer and then communication stopped, now they don't respond to e-mails …

I have had good communication so far, answered all their questions, took pictures they wanted also of the box. When they thought I could use a chainsaw with the damage and compensate with some points to my account. I said no to the offer and then communication stopped, now they don't respond to e-mails …
Like I said the credit card cancelled is your only option.

Latest posts

Back