Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raining like hell for three days now. I'm not even near the house though. I'm about four hours north doing some work on a piece of land for a friend.

Yeah, I got plenty of work (for 2 guys) but it is pouring again today. No reason to think this rain is not gonna continue thru winter and give gads of snow. Snow plow might be a good investment on my new pickup. Anybody ever buy a used one? $5500. is hard to cover in one season plowing driveways.

snowplowing and salting are BIG business here. the way it :censored: rains, no wonder.

I'm running a big ad in tomorrow's paper, we'll see how my fall season looks. :cheers:

It helps diversify a little David. Ever try planting and firewood sales. I get a nice little knock from these 2 every fall into winter. I am even considering top coating driveways too. That looks like some damn easy chump change.

Sold a LOT of firewood, commercially, growing up, and thru my 20's. now its strictly for heat, though I do enjoy firewood missions once in a while.:cheers:

Planting, sure, if I could sell it.

And I did sealcoating, once. summertime in VA, 95 degrees and humid as hell. got that sh*t all over me. :cry:

I have an ace up my sleeve though.

oh snap, forgot about this :censored: economy. aint nobody building.

Sold a LOT of firewood, commercially, growing up, and thru my 20's. now its strictly for heat, though I do enjoy firewood missions once in a while.:cheers:

Planting, sure, if I could sell it.

And I did sealcoating, once. summertime in VA, 95 degrees and humid as hell. got that sh*t all over me. :cry:

I have an ace up my sleeve though.

oh snap, forgot about this :censored: economy. aint nobody building.

Yeah, you forgot that's why you're back to slaying trees. lol

I was thinkin maybe chimney cleaning too. Not a lot of thinkin involved and that is my kind of job. (kinda like take downs)

I was actually thinking about the same thing earlier...I'll probably get cured of it tomorrow...I've got to clean one flu and install liner and stove in another...:blob2:

yep...got cured of that crap...got the new chimney liner in, got the other one swept...whole job, between the wind blowing and fighting with wasps over who owns the bloody chimney....sucked.

I need to go mangle a tree somewhere. :chainsaw:

Back