• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Trigger assembly for Echo 452VL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheManOfStihl

Half man, half bear, half pig.
Reaction score
I am looking for a trigger assembly for my uncle. He's got an Echo 452VL saw, and he tells me the plastic part has broken away from the metal part (?) and doesn't move the throttle. He says the dealer tells him it's no longer available, and all the chainsaw boneyards around here have nothing for him. Can anyone help us out here?

Thanks Guido, let me know what you I got. Not in a hurry, whenever you get time is fine. I sure appreciate your time.

Well, he only really needs the trigger, but if he can afford it, I guess that handle wouldn't be a bad thing to keep around for parts.

What would you need for the assembly, if you don't want to sell just the trigger?

"I would really like to get rid of the whole mess."

So does that mean you don't want to sell the trigger, but rather the whole box? Could we see a picture, and maybe a price on the box if that is the case?

"I would really like to get rid of the whole mess."

So does that mean you don't want to sell the trigger, but rather the whole box? Could we see a picture, and maybe a price on the box if that is the case?

I would like to sell the entire box so I don't have miscellaneous pieces laying around. That being said, I can certainly ship to more than 1 person to make it all go away. I do not have room to keep everything I have now. I will dig it out later today and get some pictures.

Last edited:
I did a quick once over and the air filter and starter rope and handle are missing, all other parts appear to be there. P&C look usable, my cordless drill is dead or else I would have tried to get a compression reading.

Echo452_zpsfe89545f.jpg

I think towingace wants the case halves from it. What are you thinking for prices for us? I really only need the trigger, maybe the handle assembly if I can afford it.

Those saws seem to have a habit of cracking or completely breaking in the area where the dawgs bolt on. If yours' are not cracked I would definitely be interested. I would probably be interested in "the box" after THE MAN gets what he needs.

Where did our Smilie Beer Mugs go?

Those saws seem to have a habit of cracking or completely breaking in the area where the dawgs bolt on. If yours' are not cracked I would definitely be interested. I would probably be interested in "the box" after THE MAN gets what he needs.

Where did our Smilie Beer Mugs go?

The dog area is intact with no cracks or broken areas. However, there is about a 2" crack on the clutch side going back from the case bolt. I can send pictures if you want.

I did a quick once over and the air filter and starter rope and handle are missing, all other parts appear to be there. P&C look usable, my cordless drill is dead or else I would have tried to get a compression reading.

Echo452_zpsfe89545f.jpg

I have one here with a cut in half top handle that needs replaced. Could use the white hand guard etc too if nobody has spoke for them.

How about this....?

Rear handle assembly to TheManofStihl
Saw body to Towingace
Front handle to Kevin

If it works send me a PM with your shipping address and I will give you an all inclusive number for the parts and shipping.

Sorry for the slow response. First time I've got on here in days. I appreciate the pics but I'll probably pass because the side with the crack is the side I need. Seems to be my luck with this project. I was eyeballing the guard and that black guard on the lower handle, that's why I mentioned purchasing the box but it's not a big deal. Kevin asked for it and he's a lot closer to you anyway. Sure having a hard time finding a case without a crack, but that's the first one I've seen cracked in that area. Thank you for being straight up about it.

A couple of folks here do mag welding if you want to check on that. Not about to send of something without full disclosure.

Latest posts

Back