trolling for a log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out this web site. I bought one of these a couple of years ago.
It is FAST. 2 second cycle time with throtle at full.

Log Splitter, Wood Splitter - Super Split(R)

Jason

sorry but i think this looks like a p.i.t.a.
looks to me if the wedge was taller it would be better.. but how does it split crotches and knots?
i watched videos and all they split was straight grained wood..
i believe with a crotch it would bust the splitter. just my opinion.
why cant they make it more stable too? the thing wobbles around like crazy..

A lickity split set up right s fast enough to scare you. Cycle times are amazing.

You should see me run mine. I had an a-hole shove my logs together with a skid-steer once. In one day by myself I cut and split 9 face with mine. Because of all the rocks and dirt I know I spent over 2 hours that day with a file in my hands. I would get done shapening the saw and hit dirt before I finished the next cut! I was so pissed. Still banged out 3 cords. Thats how fast the commercial lickity was and is. Dont listen to Tomtrees, he cant get over or admit to the fact that he had the crap-ass homeowner model. I wish he would stop posting on these Lickity splitter threads, cuz its more than obvious that he doesnt know his ****. Dont wanna insult anyone, but let it go , you dont know the commercial unit. It had a 7 second cycle on a 26 inch stroke. AND it had a bar that let you close the return down to a 4 SECOND CYCLE!!!! First and fastest hydraulic log slitter ever made!!!! NO FOOLING AROUND!!!! BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown: I didnt spend thousands restoring these things and/or drive from Chicago to Conn. to buy a used one cuz there junk, you just gotta know your ****.

The splitter is a little low, but I was planning on robbing some springs and larger tires from a utility trailer I have sitting a round. This should raise the height up a bit. I am 5' 7", so a little low does not bother me as much as it would some folks. I am also interested in an outfeed table and possibly a 4 way wedge. I did notice something different about this machine. It likes to be pretty much level. The hydraulic tank is part of the base, so if you have the splitter tilted the pick up for the pump and the breather cap are not happy. I had the splitter on an incline at first and the breather cap was over flowing hyd oil. I leveled the machine and it was a lot happier. I never had that problem with the tanks that were mounted higher up. Maybe I'll put in a separate tank mounted higher. Anyway, still pleased with the buy.
Don't do that, send me the trailer and ill send you some blocks. LOL! Congrats on the buy":clap:

You should see me run mine. I had an a-hole shove my logs together with a skid-steer once. In one day by myself I cut and split 9 face with mine. Because of all the rocks and dirt I know I spent over 2 hours that day with a file in my hands. I would get done sharpening the saw and hit dirt before I finished the next cut! I was so pissed. Still banged out 3 cords. That's how fast the commercial lickity was and is. Dont listen to Tomtrees, he cant get over or admit to the fact that he had the crap-ass homeowner model. I wish he would stop posting on these Lickity splitter threads, cuz its more than obvious that he doesnt know his ****. Dont wanna insult anyone, but let it go , you dont know the commercial unit. It had a 7 second cycle on a 26 inch stroke. AND it had a bar that let you close the return down to a 4 SECOND CYCLE!!!! First and fastest hydraulic log slitter ever made!!!! NO FOOLING AROUND!!!! BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow down: I didnt spend thousands restoring these things and/or drive from Chicago to Conn. to buy a used one cuz there junk, you just gotta know your ****.

wtf your nuts my new splitter would eat your old one up and if you drive do not come to L I the dot will get you in junk trucks or i can make a callgot a good friend the head of it here lol

wtf your nuts my new splitter would eat your old one up and if you drive do not come to L I the dot will get you in junk trucks or i can make a callgot a good friend the head of it here lol

Doubt it. I got 3 words for ya, Hooked on Phonics!!! LOL!!! You would need to have a friend at the d.o.t. to push your ratty ass bucket down the road and get away, wouldnt ya? Haha! :laugh: Why cant you seem to own up and admit you never even knew that there was more than one Lickity? There were like 20 differnt models dude. Put the pipe down and rub the thc out of your eyes grumpy.

well that's my old bucket truck in the pics and for the dot come to LI and see you wont make ten ' one of my renters is the top Gun:hmm3grin2orange:

and for the dot come to LI and see you wont make ten ' one of my renters is the top Gun:hmm3grin2orange:

What does that even mean? and if he's such a 'top gun', why does he rent and not own? The bs piles up so fast with you that I need wings to stay above it.

well that's my old bucket truck in the pics and for the dot come to LI and see you wont make ten ' one of my renters is the top Gun:hmm3grin2orange:

No, the 'you wont make 10' part. What does that mean? I wont make it up to 10 mph? Have your wife or someone with a english education above 2nd grade type your reponses. :hmm3grin2orange: "Prentice110", BANNEDBANNEDBANNED!!!!!

Latest posts

Back