Trying to figure if an ebay saw is real

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no. It may be real but sure has all the signs its a chicom copy... box not from era of the saw, no pictures of starter cover, ask for pics of the serial number oh and a zero rated seller...

the saw actually looks real though.

I'm not sure about the saw. But that box looks kinda differant from the Husky boxes I've seen.

Agree. Looks legit. He is just using that box as a back drop. Maybe Call and ask him! i trust them if they answer legit questions on the phone calls. :) Saw looks nice! ;)

He is from KY. We all here are honest.....

No seriously, the way e-bay is set up these days, you could get a full refund if it had a postman's
booger on the box!!!!!

It looks legit to me. The top sticker doesn't have any unusual marks. The muffler has what appears to be light rust on the backside as well.

He has a phone number listed in his description. Why not just ask him directly?

I'm not interested in the saw,just curious. I didn't notice the number but if it was a scam I wouldn't expect a scammer to be honest.

Thanks for the replies. Just trying to learn.

E-bay is so lop-sided these days, you would have a hard time losing. With him being a new seller, he would likely have to wait a few months
of positives before any funds were released to him...

I saw a deal that was too good to be true on fleabay about 2 years ago. They always boast about their "buyer protection program"....so I took a chance and bit, knowing it might be a scam. It was!! 20 silver dollars for $300, ended up being a hacked account. Ebay checked, and refunded my money in a few days. You can't lose! But you have to have a high tolerance for risk......:msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back