Tune Husqavarna 136

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duggram

Reaction score
I have a 136 I bought a few years ago that now has a problem running once it's warmed up. It cuts good for a few minutes then won't run when you give it throttle.

The air filter is clean. I'm going to try a new sparkplug today. Any suggestions on how to get it to run right?

BTW if the high and/or low speed carb settings need to be adjusted, what kind of tool does it take? They're not screw heads on my saw.

Thank you!

Bump

Make sure the carb and boot are secure and the muffler also. The screws are probably a spline drive. You can just cut slots into them and use a small screwdriver

You can also get on ebay and buy the tool for ten bucks
Search for Husqvarna carb tool. Looks like a nut driver but accepts the spline shaft.

Good to have, the jets are kinda hard and you dont wanna fubar one cutting a slot.

Good luck
Rick

I've worked on a couple of early 136's and they just took a small flat screwdriver for L & H speed adjustment. The newer ones could have the splined L&H for adjustment though. If so, the husqvarna carb adjuster tool is part # 530035560 at $3.63. Local dealer here keeps the tool in stock. Several of the sponsors here also probably carry the tool.

I can't find a Husky dealer that also works on them here in Albuquerque. Yesterday I did talk to the owner of a Stihl dealer/repair shop. He said the problem sounds like fuel pump problems related to leaving gas in the tank. He figures it will cost $85 (parts, labor, taxes).

Now I'm thinking of just getting a new Husky. I just bought a new chain and bar. Maybe I can find a current model that uses the same bar and chain.

sefh3, it falls on its face which leads to stopping if you keep at it.

Back