Turbo blue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi I bought some Turbo Blue racing fuel the other day. It's the 110 stuff. I'm going to mix it with regular 87 octane gas 25%. So 1/4 of the gas will be turbo blue. 40:1 oil mix. How long will this fuel last in a plastic gas container with STABIL, and how long will it last in a metal gas container with stabil. The blue will be used throughout the year, but more in the winter. Does hot weather affect the life of gasoline. Are there any ways to lengthen the life of gasoline other than that of the above . Thanks alot, and give it a try. BOY DOES THAT TURBO BLUE smell good coming out the exhaust of a saw even when only mixed 25%.

At $5-$6 a gal, you'd prob be better off buying 91 octane and being done with it, mixing 3:1 with 87. adding (3x87)+110/4 yields 92.75. Try klotz mix if you love the smell.

Friend of mine uses cam-2 in his racing 4 wheelers, put some in his 036, and I personally think the saw ran worse. Hard to start, and didn't seem to have the power it does on gasoline.
I don't think that the timming is set right for that high octane(on a chainsaw), and its non adjustable, unlike his 4 wheelers. His runs ok on cam-2 until he advances the timming, then they scream.
He uses all of it up in the summer, says if it goes overwinter its junk. Keeps his in a plastic jug in the garage.
Hope it helped.
-Ralph

The turbo blue I get is $4.40 a gallon now. And yes I will be storing it in metal fuel cans from now on. I figured out 92.75 octane too with the mix. That should be about optimum for a chainsaw. And yes NY finest it is race car fuel. Does the tetraethyl lead in this turbo blue help with piston life in chainsaws. Or isn't there enough lead in there to make a difference good or bad. I know in old automobiles it would probably help exhaust valves last longer. I have an old Massey Harris tractor that I always add lead substitute to the gas. Well so long for now. So is the Klotz just an oil you add to your gas like regular 2 cycle oil or is it something else. SO lONG for now friends.

as long as the oil is not mixed with it and it is in a sealed container it will last quite a long time. It wont hurt to put it in a plastic jug as long as the plastic is the right kind. all my jugs for race fuel are plastic, and I have never had a problem. I have used gas that had been stored properly all winter and not had a problem.

The sun's uv rays will make gas deteriorate faster in a plastic can than it will in a metal one. at least I think thats why, but I'm probably wrong.

We've used plastic 5 gallon containers for years to store our Cam2 in...NEVER had any problems. Used it in our racing karts. 100cc yamaha's, 100cc Parilla reed and 100cc Parilla rotary, 135cc Komet. All ran great! (many top 5 trophy's and wins)

Yeah - if you keep it out in the sun...as it expands into a bomb! Common sense that is - keeping it in a cool place out of the sun.

to be honest, unless you are running very high compression ratios or a fair bit more ignition advance. you are really wasting your money on the race gas. It wont make any more power. just dial it in with high octane pump gas and she will rip. the reason for 110 octane race gas is to avoid detonation in a higher compression engine. (unless you are like me and just looove that smell)

You can say that again...love the smell of two stroke in the morning!!! I don't use race gas in the saws anyway...just for racing. The cost of it is way too expensive. Your right SIRCH-not really meant for chainsaws - unless SPECIALLY built for it.

Ny finest said:
Turbo Blue?? as in the stuff i put in my rc cars???
I hope it isnt what we put in our rc cars. $4.40 a gallon veruses $30.00 a gallon. He'll be broke after a few gallons of gas.

Latest posts

Back