Uh...clean the truck while I...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
What do you ask people to do when there's downtime on the job/at the shop? It seems to happen a lot, and I'm sure there are some ideas out there besides just cleaning!

A certain tree co. owner in SE WI (who was PC but not necessarily Politically Correct) would get the guys to weed his landscape. I thought he was nuts for asking because all I wanted to do was CLIMB!

Nowadays I get my help to weed my landscape and didn't understand why they hate it until you posted.

Thanks NC, I had to learn that one again from the other side.

I usually tell them to kick back and relax for a few.

Lord knows I make them work like dogs when I get cuttin'!

clean out the saw locker, change oil ,stump teeth. go to hotel drink beer

Flyers

I get the kid going door to door with flyers. I tell him to come back when he hears the stumpgrinder shut down.

I do this because he does a lousy job cleaning my truck.

-Scotty

Re: Flyers

Originally posted by ScottyStump
I get the kid going door to door with flyers. I tell him to come back when he hears the stumpgrinder shut down.
I've been doing the same thing myself. First I walk the property while the other person sprays, then I fill out the paperwork and post the property. With any free time, I put flyers in storm doors or paperboxes. When I hear the whistle, I come back to shut off the PTO on the sprayer and hit the road.

Any work I sell, I get a 5% commission on. If I line up and over see the work, too, I get something like 15 or 20% plus the hourly wage. But I'm switching to salarly with the next pay period...

Back