Undecided on 395xp or.....advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lineman1129

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've done so much reading on here and googling, youtube watching.. I'm still undecided.
I have a tree company that drops grapple loads of mixed hardwood and soft woods at my property. I use this wood for my OWB. My current husky rancher is not cutting it. I've been using a neighbors 046 mag and now it's time to jump to a pro saw. I wanna buy and stay with husqvarna. I'm only using this saw to buck logs dropped off. No
Limbing or felling at all. I've heard the 395xp is a beast. I also heard others such as the 372 or 576 are great. Money is not an option, especially since all this damn storm work here in the north east. I just want to be able to buck as fast as I can I want no bogging down at all. I don't want to go with a large bar either, average diameter log outback is 20" or so, nothing to big. What are your thoughts ?

390xp.

I don't think with bars less than 32-36" you will gain much if any speed with the 395xp.

I have a 385xp and a 395xp, I have noodled big hardwood rounds down to size with a 24" bar on both saws, not a heck of a lot of speed difference that I could tell. 395 might have an edge noodling with the outboard clutch, but it still plugs up now and then.

They are both very good saws though.

He's a great friend also! Lol
thanks for the suggestions guys. That 390 sounds like it might be a little lighter, I'm thinking I have the big saw syndrome which might be a bad thing. I really should consider a smaller saw, I have zero intentions on buying anything bigger than a 24" bar, possibly a 28" But that's it. Where I live the trees are not monsters so the average is 20"
Or so. Wish it would be easier to make a decision. Also the closest husky shop is over an hour away, anyone on here sell new saws online?

He's a great friend also! Lol
thanks for the suggestions guys. That 390 sounds like it might be a little lighter, I'm thinking I have the big saw syndrome which might be a bad thing. I really should consider a smaller saw, I have zero intentions on buying anything bigger than a 24" bar, possibly a 28" But that's it. Where I live the trees are not monsters so the average is 20"
Or so. Wish it would be easier to make a decision. Also the closest husky shop is over an hour away, anyone on here sell new saws online?
TLandrum.

PM him.

Hello to all I m new to this site. And seen this thread on a 395 xp. I ran a husky 390xp or a 660 Sthil 6 days a week in 30 plus in hardwood. And was hoping so one could tell me what kind of mileage a 395 gets? Sorry not to jack this thread

I may have taken the original post wrong, thought he was looking for more power than the 046. But if he want to buck 20" wood the fastest than a 90cc with 8 pin and 24" bar would be my choice

I dont care for stock 390s at all , ive tried maybe 5 of em..if your cuttin 20" wood to call a 395 overkill would be an understatement , 395s are 36" and up saws to me ..but i dont have cad either , a 372 will be light enough and plenty of saw to cut the wood your describing..buy what you want

If you've been reading alot on here, you should have seen the ported 394's and 395's for sale. Buy one. I don't think the 394 is heavy, especially with a 24" bar and .404 in frozen spruce, fir and birch, it flies.

Sawmikaze stop throwing a wrench into my decision! Thanks guys, I just wanna be able to buck with no bogging whatsoever

Latest posts

Back