Undecided on 395xp or.....advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stock 394XP is a tad stronger than a 395 ... a ported 372 would also be a fine choice.
What is it about the 394 that makes it a bit stronger than the 395? I know the intakes are different but is the porting different too? Just curious,thanks

Guys, my neighbor was gracious enough to bring his 046 with 28" over and let me have some fun with it. It made me realize I need a pro saw, I want something comparable to that saw, is that saw more power than a 372xp?

I think you would be happy with a 372, should take care of anything you have if 20" is average. They are a fantastic saw stock, ported they are ridiculous. I have one and had it ported and was glad I did.

A 372 XP is 71cc's while the MS 440 (044) is 70.5 i believe (close enough to not matter). The 046 (MS 460) is 75cc's so it will have an edge on a regular 372. But, the XPW was a factory big bore (52mm vs. 50mm) and is 75cc's so is on an even playing field with an 046 (but will probably have a little more grunt due to the port layout).

Joe

Guys, my neighbor was gracious enough to bring his 046 with 28" over and let me have some fun with it. It made me realize I need a pro saw, I want something comparable to that saw, is that saw more power than a 372xp?
If you liked the 046 im pretty sure you will love a 461 , if you want something that doesnt bog its pretty much the first modern saw that comes to mind , if money is no object and you want to murder smallish logs you need a 395 and 461 i reckon :laugh:

Mr Finn, did you buy your 372 new and then wanted more performance? I'd like to buy a new saw and have a warranty with it. From the get-go I wanted a 372 but the last few weeks I've leaned more towards the 395 just so I could murder logs lol. Also do they still
Make the 74cc 372xpw? Can't find it

OK, so I guess it's time to settle this so we can all move on.
1) you cannot buy a saw that you cannot bog in 20" wood. I have a couple of very strong saws, and if I feel like bogging them I easily can
2) if you want a stock pro husky that will easily handle 20" wood, you can buy a 372, 576, 390, or 395, and they will all make you very happy.
3) if you want a stock pro husky that will be stronger than a 046, you will need a 390

Thanks guys, really great info and advice here. I decided to get a echo instead....jk
Taking the trip up Saturday ,with a wad of cash, to the nearest husky saw shop, just called the guy and stocks all 3 I'm looking at, 372, 390, 395. I'll let u guys no Saturday what saw I get

What is it about the 394 that makes it a bit stronger than the 395? I know the intakes are different but is the porting different too? Just curious,thanks

The 395 is a quad transfer setup, VS a two port setup on the 394. Personally I think the 394 has more grunt, but the 395 has more top end.

A 372 XP is 71cc's while the MS 440 (044) is 70.5 i believe (close enough to not matter). The 046 (MS 460) is 75cc's so it will have an edge on a regular 372. But, the XPW was a factory big bore (52mm vs. 50mm) and is 75cc's so is on an even playing field with an 046 (but will probably have a little more grunt due to the port layout).

Joe

MS460 is 77cc.....

XPW is 51.4mm

OK, so I guess it's time to settle this so we can all move on.
1) you cannot buy a saw that you cannot bog in 20" wood. I have a couple of very strong saws, and if I feel like bogging them I easily can
2) if you want a stock pro husky that will easily handle 20" wood, you can buy a 372, 576, 390, or 395, and they will all make you very happy.
3) if you want a stock pro husky that will be stronger than a 046, you will need a 390
576 AT is right with a 046 usually. Stock 390 is not impressive to me and neither is a 660 and 395.

Latest posts

Back