Undecided on 395xp or.....advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
576 AT is right with a 046 usually. Stock 390 is not impressive to me and neither is a 660 and 395.
Troof, but you and I are hewn from the same rugged stone. For a "regular" person, a 390 in 20" wood will seem pretty close to a light saber. Especially with a good chain and an 8 pin sprocket

Troof, but you and I are hewn from the same rugged stone. For a "regular" person, a 390 in 20" wood will seem pretty close to a light saber. Especially with a good chain and an 8 pin sprocket
Yeah a 390 with port work and a 20" 8 pin with a nice square filed chain would make quick work of 20" wood.

If your going to run a 20" bar I would buy a 372. Have the saw ported with the extra money you save and buy two light weight bars. 20"- 28". My OE 372 mm'd pulls a 24" faster than my 385 with a 24".

And if another brand interest you buy a Dolmar 7900. Awesome saw in that size wood.

It's hard to beat the value of a 390XP. $925 PHO is a lot of saw for the money. Add another $315 for porting, unlimited coil, and shipping, and you'll have a saw that can't be beat in that size wood.

This is a 32" bar an dead dry Ash.

Holy ****! That 390 is a weapon! I'd like to see that up against a 661...:laugh:

Worth switching teams for, mastermind 661cxb, on its second tank from delivery. Sell everything else and buy one

This isn't pine, sunbaked Aussie gum, 3/8 .063 25" full comp RS

Well, the saw shop probally thinks I'm nuts ....
I went in the shop looking for a 372xp 24" bar. He had a great price (I think) of 810$ , he laughed when I asked if I'd see a big difference from my 455 rancher. Bought a hard box, oil, and some other small stuff including 3 bottles of husqvarna 50:1 mixed fuel. For those that don't know , if u have receipt of the 3 bottles of fuel with saw purchase it extends your warranty 2 years. Previous years husqvarna offered this for only the homeowners saws and not the XP models. I heard this year it changed so I called husqvarna to verify and they now cover the xp. The saw shop didn't know that so he also called to verify and was happy I said something. He fired up the 372 outback and warmed her up and cut into a piece of chestnut oak to demonstrate. I noticed the saw did not rip through the wood like I watched 100x on youtube of 395 and 390's but I realize they r different saws. The man was very thorough with me and I see why they've been a great saw shop for almost 50 years. Off I went....
As soon as I left I called home to tell my wife , she said why don't you sound so excited ? I said I'm happy I just hope I made the right call and won't regret having the extra power. As soon as I said that to her I told her I'd call her back in a little bit, I turned around immediately and went right back to the saw shop. I walked in and pointed at the 390xp with a 24" bar and said I want that one instead. He smiled and was very accommodating and had no problems exchanging the two saws. He went outback again and warmed up the new 390xp, he went over to that chestnut oak and absolutely murdered through the wood! That's what I want! For 200$ extra and 2lbs heavier I'm very happy. Tomorrow I will start on my wood pile outback and let everyone know how I do. Hope nobody gets offended I didn't get the 372, I know it's a great saw but in my head I wanted a monster saw. Thank you to everyone that pitched advice and comments here for me. It definetly helped make my decision. I will get a picture soon for everyone!

Latest posts

Back