Undecided on 395xp or.....advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally haven't run a 390, just hear what everyone raves about them. You are correct though, 70cc would be sufficient.

Nitroman I wanted to buy new, I want a warranty. You think I really need a ported saw?

Once any of these good builders on here goes through a saw, it is basically new:

New piston/rings/wrist pin/bearing
Crank bearings/seals
Carb kit/new lines/gaskets
New gas/oil filters
And anything that looks worn or should be replaced is replaced. All part of the build.

Just start checking around. Lots of excellent builders on here. Mild to wild.

I have a stock 390 and a ported 372. I would never get out the 390 for what you're doing. My 372 screams through 20" hardwood. It's fairly light and I've blocked solid dead dry oak into chunks from 40" rounds to split able and I can't remember it bogging at all. Your just cutting standard firewood for my area. I run mine with a set of small spikes and a 20" bar for exactly what you want to do.

An 046 IS a pro saw so if that isn't doing it for you then I would guess you need around a 90cc saw. Here in the states, there isn't much a decent 046 cannot handle unless you need a 36" bar. A well ported 372 will even run a 36" bar. I would say try that 046 with a sharp chain or just go 090G.

Or a 372 XPW (pre x-torq 75cc) gobs of power, high rpm screamer, and lighter than a 390.

Joe

For 20" wood, a 70cc saw is all he needs. A ported 70cc saw would just make him have to pick wood chips out of his teeth because of the grinning he'd be doing while working, so my recommendation is to just stay stock. Disregard my sig line, like MM says, it's just a fad.

Well, just keep an eyeball on the Tradingpost, you'll find a saw soon. Doesn't matter Husky or that other saw, get one big enough you'll be smiling whenever you cut with it.

Hello to all I m new to this site. And seen this thread on a 395 xp. I ran a husky 390xp or a 660 Sthil 6 days a week in 30 plus in hardwood. And was hoping so one could tell me what kind of mileage a 395 gets? Sorry not to jack this thread
Very good mileage... Even better than a 660 from what ive seen

Latest posts

Back