under bed pickup dump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Rope but have been going around with this in my head for years and I could have been using one through those years on past 3 trucks. They are about 2k more than an ez etc. and probably worth it for the weight and the looks. I see it as a better accessory than a lift, rapper wheels and big tires that prob run about that much and you can make $ with this expense. It is the delivering of half cords ($160 per) that is the biggest factor to me in even doing anything. Also will stuff a few logs in it with the mini and maybe some rakings or grindings.

That under bed lift is nice but for $3k, 12 to 14 hour installation, inability to easily put it on your next truck, questionable stability of bed, difficulty in gassing up (I assume as in the last one I had) I changed my mind.

I agree Rope but have been going around with this in my head for years and I could have been using one through those years on past 3 trucks. They are about 2k more than an ez etc. and probably worth it for the weight and the looks. I see it as a better accessory than a lift, rapper wheels and big tires that prob run about that much and you can make $ with this expense. It is the delivering of half cords ($160 per) that is the biggest factor to me in even doing anything. Also will stuff a few logs in it with the mini and maybe some rakings or grindings.

That under bed lift is nice but for $3k, 12 to 14 hour installation, inability to easily put it on your next truck, questionable stability of bed, difficulty in gassing up (I assume as in the last one I had) I changed my mind.

Yeah one thing that makes your idea here kick is; it can easily be transferred to a new truck should need be but I am sure you knew that. I looked at that product over and over should have made Dodge install it when I bought my truck lol a full cord is 150 here:cry:

I think you got the right idea, vet. If you want me to design a chipbox for you I will, lol. I'm not a half bad carpenter as long as you don't give me a circular saw, I'm much better at squaring boards with 72 LGX, ya know?

Might take ya up on that Blakesmaster. Just ordered it today. They got one in for me but because my truck is brand new it has a deeper bed and they need to order a spacer kit and a dif reservoir. It has the improved capacity from 6klbs to 7klbs tho.

I did not want the bulkhead or the swing away sides so I got it for $4300plustx. installed. All that will show is the aluminum around the top of the bed and Truckcraft tailgate.

Not everybody is gonna pay what I want to get here either. You have to find the right people and give them the best wood.

I have nothing but seasoned red and white oak hickory I don't even save hackbury,mulberry and other semi good wood nothing but the best and I always have more of it than I can split:cry: Congratulations on your dump tell us how you like it I am sure it is the best dump for a pickup and will last until you retire and longer.

I have nothing but seasoned red and white oak hickory I don't even save hackbury,mulberry and other semi good wood nothing but the best and I always have more of it than I can split:cry: Congratulations on your dump tell us how you like it I am sure it is the best dump for a pickup and will last until you retire and longer.

I like that red oak and esp. the hick, but the white oak is hard to start but is good to throw on later as an all nighter.

How much wood do you sell Rope? We don't sell that much. Need more space.

We just starting to accumulate a pile. When the Eab hits, we gonna be burried (not a bad thing).
attachment.php

I like that red oak and esp. the hick, but the white oak is hard to start but is good to throw on later as an all nighter.

How much wood do you sell Rope? We don't sell that much. Need more space.

We just starting to accumulate a pile. When the Eab hits, we gonna be burried (not a bad thing).
attachment.php

Now me is jealous, lol I want your tw, you are getting very,very relaxed, when I snap my fingers you will immediately give ropen your TW splitter snap:monkey: You got a nice set up. I have a slow troybuilt splitter but have a pile approx 13 cords I did early spring. How fast will that splitter do a cord? I have actually thought on getting one and advertising firewood as a supplement. I burnt 12 cords last year and sold a few not even trying I imagine it would not be terribly hard to sell but need to get four cords out each day to equal a bad day in the bucket.

PS what is eab?

Last edited:
I heat my house with wood like you do so if no wood sells it is not a complete loss. Yeah the worst day doing tree work is way better than firewood but if you have no work it is good or good as a filler at the end of the day for the help.

Lot of variables as to how fast a cord is split. If you have the 6 way wedge and all the size wood that matches up with it then it goes real fast esp. if 2 men on it.

Both splitter and conveyor and splitter accessories is about $16k I think, I probably would choose this unit if I had it to do over again....
attachment.php

Finally decided and bought Truckcraft unit. It is very well made product. It flies up and not bad down either. Only prob is loss of rear mirror view and I have been leaving the tail gate partially down on chains in slots.

Turned out to cost only $500. more than the under bed, plus didn't have to wait 5 to 7 weeks and pay in full up front. No addit. cost of stated 12 to 15 hours install. Easily transferred to next truck (it did need a no cost modifier for 09 truck because of higher sides). Puts up 7k lbs.

Opted to go without bulkhead and sides as I like the look and saved a little $. I will prob fabricate some sides for loading firewood to protect the bed sides
attachment.php

Yeah that's what I have done and I guess it works sometimes and sometimes it don't. It is nice to have options to be diversified ya know. I got a tw 6 and been using it some:cheers:

That's cool man. Couldn't quite make out what your splitter was in the f wood forum. You bring out the true character of those machines when you add the conveyor (doesn't have to be a TWolf or even expensive) so you can get the damn stuff out from underfoot they make so much wood.

Ditto on the diversification. :agree2:

Finally decided and bought Truckcraft unit. It is very well made product. It flies up and not bad down either. Only prob is loss of rear mirror view and I have been leaving the tail gate partially down on chains in slots.

Turned out to cost only $500. more than the under bed, plus didn't have to wait 5 to 7 weeks and pay in full up front. No addit. cost of stated 12 to 15 hours install. Easily transferred to next truck (it did need a no cost modifier for 09 truck because of higher sides). Puts up 7k lbs.

Opted to go without bulkhead and sides as I like the look and saved a little $. I will prob fabricate some sides for loading firewood to protect the bed sides
attachment.php

Cheers, man. Looks great!

Back