Upped the anty on hauling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carpenter ants only get into wood that is damp wet or partially rotten. If you notice carpenter ants always are in soft wood around crotches or out on the ends of broken limbs. They will come into the house but unless there is soft rotten or dry rotted wood in the house, they will eat and go find soft wood. They are actually good to have around outside because there favorite prey is termites. Termites can eat through the hard boards of your house. Carpenter ants can only chew through the wood that the termites have already softened up.

Besides that. The songbirds will flock to your splitting area and feast on the fresh protein that your splitting leaves behind.

And also, ants burn just as good as the firewood.

You got a lot of splitting ahead of you! Nice haul. Overweight is such a relative term....usually I will stick to the gravels so don't have to deal with them boys in blue.

Not much for nuns n riff raff on our roads, if puppies in road it may be there problem.....But, driving defensively is a must, no matter what your are driving.

Gravel travel, in my mind is about 35-45 MPH and watching where you are going. Had the old straight truck running with no brakes more than a few times. Look ahead, downshift, downshift more, and do what you got to do .

I see your a Pioneer man, so you have hauled a load or 2 of corn. Not sure if you got semi's running, can you say they are not overloaded? What about guys bringing 2 - 750 bushel gravity flows in behind a tractor? Pushing 84,000 lbs in grain alone, depending on moisture content......not saying overloaded, but.....

Not much for nuns n riff raff on our roads, if puppies in road it may be there problem.....But, driving defensively is a must, no matter what your are driving.

Gravel travel, in my mind is about 35-45 MPH and watching where you are going. Had the old straight truck running with no brakes more than a few times. Look ahead, downshift, downshift more, and do what you got to do .

I see your a Pioneer man, so you have hauled a load or 2 of corn. Not sure if you got semi's running, can you say they are not overloaded? What about guys bringing 2 - 750 bushel gravity flows in behind a tractor? Pushing 84,000 lbs in grain alone, depending on moisture content......not saying overloaded, but.....
ahhhhhhhhh!! buts that's different!!!!! esp if the brakes aren't working properly on the wagons!! its a relative, yah know.........................................................................many farmers,,have a tendency to OVERLOOK such trivial matters............gotta get the corn to town, NOW.. no time to fix brakes,,or fix bad tie rod ends, with the wagon swerving all over the road.....nope, not important:dizzy::dizzy:

I see your a Pioneer man, so you have hauled a load or 2 of corn.

I have never hauled a load of corn in my life. I do live among the corn and drive the gravel roads though. Pioneer is my employer. I just want you to rethink your attitude that driving overloaded with bad or no brakes is no big deal. Hopefully someones family member is never in that intersection that you can't stop for.

.....many farmers,,have a tendency to OVERLOOK such trivial matters............. no time to fix brakes

:laughing: I wish i could say that's the first time I've heard someone refer to "brakes" as a trivial matter. :laughing:

seriously though, i don't recommend driving without brakes.

:laughing: I wish i could say that's the first time I've heard someone refer to "brakes" as a trivial matter. :laughing:

sarcasm hupte, sarcasm........and having worked at a impl dealer,,the things you see come in..................................:dizzy::dizzy:

That's a nice setup. How does that container lock into your truck?

We looked into an extenda book grapple. At the time they (Prentice I think) couldn't recommend using it for log logs, too easy to bend the boom. The one on the truck, I forget the brand, is rated to 20,000lbs lift.

That's a nice setup. How does that container lock into your truck?

We looked into an extenda book grapple. At the time they (Prentice I think) couldn't recommend using it for log logs, too easy to bend the boom. The one on the truck, I forget the brand, is rated to 20,000lbs lift.

It's a roll off container. Normally it is set on a job site and picked up later. There is a cable that pulls it on the truck. In this case the back of the container was opened to dump it.

Well I got a start on it today. Got up to 6 degrees.

2dkif0z.jpg

xddqgh.jpg

2h36hio.jpg

2ypdctz.jpg

263f1vb.jpg

brakes are optional just find the nearest tree.... oh wait! somebody cut them all down haha

Lookin good. I see you have a number of saws with a "g" designation in the model #'s. Those heated handles feel REALLY good in those kinds of temps, dont they?

Well I wouldn't buy a new Husky without heat.

BTW, Hmm.. Stihl doesn't make heated handles anymore do they?

Yup, the heat doesnt really cost that much more!
I dont see heated handles as even being an option in current Stihl literature, so I am not sure whats up with that??????
Not trying to be a smart adz here but what temps are you guys cutting in to get cold hands? Nothing on my body is cold when I'm running a saw even when temps are below zero.

If I cut for a long time my hands will get cold, so I cut for a while, then throw pieces or load and that helps get the blood flowing again.
But, that can cause another problem; wet, snowy gloves. A friend of mine had a heated Dolmar 5100 for a bit and it would actually tend to dry out the gloves a little.
I liked the heated handles!

Back