Upside down skid steer splitter opionins.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get the dump trailer. so many uses and lower to load. i wouldnt trade mine for anything other than a new one

If you can load a dump truck, buy it. You would have maintenance on a dump trailer anyway, but it aint a dump truck. Dump trailer is not the same as a dump truck in terms of build quality and durability, thats the trade off.

The thing that sucks is if I load my truck it drops the tongue to low on the trailer. With a dump truck and my trailer I could haul alot. I would have to load the dump truck with my loader.

timbrens in the pickup would solve that. i can haul a full truck and trailer or a load and the skid on the trailer

Do you really want to try and stop more than 8-9k with a passenger truck?

Save more pennies and buy a newer dump truck.

Just can't see beating down a good truck. Compromises because of impatience causes frustration in your future. Under promise and over deliver, is a passenger truck and a huge dump trailer doing that for you? Just cause you CAN, does it mean you SHOULD? I wouldn't put that kind of rig on the road in the FLATLAND I live in.

I'm not much on cosmetics, I have two 30 year old Sportsters that are as rusty as can be, I live on the beach, on a spit of an island 1000' wide, with the river on the other and the inlet a mile north.) but they are mechanically perfect, one doesn't even leak oil (and Yes, It has a full tank) I ride them hard and put them away wet. Chrome is for pansieass yuppie kooks with more money than sense. I shine the seat with my ass while riding it. Chrome has no affect on performance. My daily driver Tahoe has almost 200 k on the original tranny fluids, but I dont ask it to pull ten k every weekend, only 5 k, 20 times a year. When I need fill dirt, do I load the dump trailer with a full 5 ton? No, I call a guy with a real dump truck to bring a full 18 yards. ( five yards is not worth firing up the skiddybopper to spread anyway)

I'll ask you this, When you have a 66 why do you have all those other saws? Same thing- buy the right tool for the job, so what if you don't do the job every day-ish, when you need it, you got it. Speed Kills.

Do you really want to try and stop more than 8-9k with a passenger truck?

Save more pennies and buy a newer dump truck.

Just can't see beating down a good truck. Compromises because of impatience causes frustration in your future. Under promise and over deliver, is a passenger truck and a huge dump trailer doing that for you? Just cause you CAN, does it mean you SHOULD? I wouldn't put that kind of rig on the road in the FLATLAND I live in.

I'm not much on cosmetics, I have two 30 year old Sportsters that are as rusty as can be, I live on the beach, on a spit of an island 1000' wide, with the river on the other and the inlet a mile north.) but they are mechanically perfect, one doesn't even leak oil (and Yes, It has a full tank) I ride them hard and put them away wet. Chrome is for pansieass yuppie kooks with more money than sense. I shine the seat with my ass while riding it. Chrome has no affect on performance. My daily driver Tahoe has almost 200 k on the original tranny fluids, but I dont ask it to pull ten k every weekend, only 5 k, 20 times a year. When I need fill dirt, do I load the dump trailer with a full 5 ton? No, I call a guy with a real dump truck to bring a full 18 yards. ( five yards is not worth firing up the skiddybopper to spread anyway)

I'll ask you this, When you have a 66 why do you have all those other saws? Same thing- buy the right tool for the job, so what if you don't do the job every day-ish, when you need it, you got it. Speed Kills.
The trailer has brakes too. Or maybe a 1 ton diesel dump truck, used. And next year a dump trailer.

everyone is different. i personally have hauled loads that would make GeeVee quiver and hide. im confident in my driving and my equipment. not everyone is the same. choice is yours. i know for what i do, a trailer works best. but if i had a loader or an excavator, id have a dump truck. skid just doesnt lift high enough to take advantage of the extra capacity of a dump truck

I have hauled loads my last truck would not pull up a hill I had to back down. It was a 08 f 250 5.4 hauling my trailer tight full of topsoil. I whined a little about the price so the guy overloaded me . I'm not to worried about heavy loads. Old dump trucks brakes scare me.

Back