urban foresters.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the new tree ordinance rages on in indian river county.........

is there anyone out there that has in place a tree ordianace that works????? this debate rages on in our county. the "good ol' boy network" is still alive and well and the powers at be don't want to hear about "tree rights"!!! what can i do to make a difference. i plan on going to the county commish meetings and speak my mind but i neeed some ammo. i need specifics and success stories about saving trees!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!
budroe:cool: tree lover.

Budroe. I have upstairs a copy of the Bedford Tree Ordinance. I doubt it would help you though for 2 reasons; 1) the lots are probably bigger in that town than by you and 2) the town of Bedford is KNOWN for protecting trees... if you cut something up there that they don't think should be cut they will make a BIG stink if they find out.

Apparently 1 house down the road from where I am working out there... the people dozed the house to build a bigger one. They also removed a good amount of trees. Well I guess when the building inspector went out he asked for the permits for them and when they could not provide them.... Well let's just say that there is a lawsuit going on now where the town is suing the homeowner for removing the trees. Homeowner claims they had no knowledge of needing permits LOL!!!

Is this tree ordinance something that controls what the property owner does with the trees on his own property?

Tree ordinances differ as widely as the comunities that have them.

Plant Amnisty is a good place to start if you are on the side of regulation. I cannot find a link right now, but I know Oxman has one, maybe soemone eles here does.

I'm feeling a bit of a time squeeze right now, so i cannot do my usual research.

Latest posts

Back