User Manual for a McCulloch Double Eagle 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markyh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi

Bit of an amateur when it comes to chainsaws so please bear with me if this is a stupid question!

I have been given a McCulloch Double Eagle 50 chainsaw but do not have any user instructions etc. As a part time chainsaw user I'm OK with the basics of setting up an getting it working etc but have no idea what types of oil to use or the petrol/oil mix etc.

I want to give it a proper service before i start using it but obviously could do with the user manaual. I have tried various websites even emailing McCulloch tec support themselves but to no avail. The only thing I have managed to find is a parts list/drawings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get me hands on a proper manual, or if not what oils and petrol/oil mix to use.

Many thanks for the help

Mark

You may get a lot of mixed opinions, but any good 2 stoke oil mixed 40:1 will be just fine. I have a wide variety of saws, mostly older/vintage units and I run the same 40:1 in all of them.

If you find any old McCulloch literature or documents, they almost always recommended 40:1 using their oil or 16:1 if you used any other oil. I am not an oil snob and use just about whatever good mix oil I can find and haven't had any oil related failures in 30+ years of running saws.

I do not run them hard all day every day, if I did I might be more particular but for a more or less casual user, I don't think you can go too far wrong with 40:1.

Mark

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response, much appreciated. I've got plenty of decent 2 stroke oil so I'll give it shot with 40:1.

Thanks again

Mark

Latest posts

Back