Vermeer 352 with blown diesel motor; gas conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Vermeer 352 with a blown Briggs diesel (dihatsu built). The lower rod bearings went and tore up the crank journals. I could get the crank milled and put in oversize bearings, plus miscellaneous parts and slap it back together.

The other option is to switch it over to a 35 gas Briggs vanguard. Has anyone ever done this conversion? Simple enough swap or a pain in the ass? I know Vermeer offers that gas engine from the factory, so I'm thinking it can't be too hard of a swap. Anyone know the engine spec number I'll need for this grinder? They make a ton of different Briggs for various applications....

Lastly, could I put any other motor on it relatively easy. I plan on selling the machine; I bought it for s winter project. It only has 700 something hours on it and is in good shape overall.

You might be able to make or purchase an engine mounting kit for the Briggs VanGuard engine. That will be the most difficult hurdle you'll have to over come.
Ya, I don't know how bad it would be to put a gas motor on since Vermeer did offer this machine with the gas motor from factory. It'll be an interesting project. I'd buy another blown diesel motor if it didn't need bottom end work.

Latest posts

Back