Vermeer SC252 Mods???? Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackmod

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
1.Got a 252 seen long list post on site want to cut thru the BS and get to the numbers if someone be so kind. Thank you
What are the parts ....numbers or links changing belt .....more specifically the pulley on the pump side 3 1/2 or 3 ..seen belt part numbers ...getting the pulley tough part figure out on this side ....seen measurements ...be nice to just point and click
2.Seen changing Hydraulic oil....does the oil make a difference.....guess to answer my own question is obviously helps protect pump...but does it actually make machine run better......
3. Replacement parts....nice have comprehensive list seen mention chain/bearing/bearing swaps/vermeer company not very helpful getting affordable parts...seen that
4 Got a beat up machine from rollover........trying to put back together ......have no idea how this machine works..
5. Dually tires......cheapest way get set these as look mandatory
Thank you

By registering your machine with Vermeer they will provide the operator and parts manual for free. But you need the VIN or SN to register.
The service manual you will have to buy from a dealer.
https://www.vermeer.com/em/equipment/register-used
Great place to start....thank you for the tip.....bought machine with locked up motor as air breather snapped off and left outside rain got into carb that tricked down to cylinders and sure cause lockup....loaded everything with marvelous mystery oil sure will need be taken apart. As luck would have it someone were selling a exact motor came off a 252....think they rebuilt it... picked up to do a swap. Seen through the forum though a swap to 35-40hp possible$$$ Personally more excited about repair end stump grinder than the business end as yet to make it reliable functioning unit.

1.Got a 252 seen long list post on site want to cut thru the BS and get to the numbers if someone be so kind. Thank you
What are the parts ....numbers or links changing belt .....more specifically the pulley on the pump side 3 1/2 or 3 ..seen belt part numbers ...getting the pulley tough part figure out on this side ....seen measurements ...be nice to just point and click
2.Seen changing Hydraulic oil....does the oil make a difference.....guess to answer my own question is obviously helps protect pump...but does it actually make machine run better......
3. Replacement parts....nice have comprehensive list seen mention chain/bearing/bearing swaps/vermeer company not very helpful getting affordable parts...seen that
4 Got a beat up machine from rollover........trying to put back together ......have no idea how this machine works..
5. Dually tires......cheapest way get set these as look mandatory
Thank you
AckMod
I found that list and posted some stuff in there myself but the thread is dead. The action is unfortunately in a FB group, it’s active tho. Lots of 252 guys.

I have made a few videos on 252s you may find helpful. Here’s the one on the pulley mod:

Latest posts

Back