Video of 026 Running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lake got in there while I was typing, try both ways. Out too far on jets is lean, in too far is rich. But sounds like needle valve adjustment to me. Whatcha think Lake?

What you just wrote is going top confuse the heck out of him:greenchainsaw:

Just set the L as I suggested... and if it's less than 1.5 turns out, worry about the metering arm height later.

OK,
Thanks Lakeside, I'll have to more adjusting tomorrow as it's quiet around here.
How do I warm this saw up for tuning if it won't idle? Do ijust have to keep doing the feathering throttle technique?

Haven't even gotten to the H-jet lol
Bill

OK,
Thanks Lakeside, I'll have to more adjusting tomorrow as it's quiet around here.
How do I warm this saw up for tuning if it won't idle? Do ijust have to keep doing the feathering throttle technique?

Haven't even gotten to the H-jet lol
Bill

You won't need to warm it up if it won't idle. Just get it to idle.. any setting... and then work from there... Worst case you'll just need to make a minor adjustment leaner when hot.

Naagh, if he has a few brews, he'll know EXACTLY what i'm sayin'! You have to be in the right frame of mind, and it all comes together. MORE BEER!

:givebeer: I need to focus.

So... turning in (clockwise) on the L makes it leaner or richer?

Based on my tinkering with the L screw, it sounded like it got richer as I turned it OUT (counterclockwise)

Correct?

Bill

New Video Improvement!

Here's the new sound.
It idled for about 5 minutes before I shot this video.
I held the saw on all 4 sides for a bout 30 seconds as well.

The L is 1.25 out, How does this idle sound to you guys?

Haven't gotten to the H

Thanks,
Bill

You're on the right track as it is idling. At the end of the video I was waiting for you to rev it again, but it was sounding pretty good. The idle needed backed off a bit so the chain didn't creep, but its much improved.

Bill, You're doing great. L is the easy one without a tach. Idle the saw to warm. Hit the throttle. What does it do? If it hesitates, open the L screw a little more (ccw) till it take off fast with no stutter. Now idle it for 20 sec. Tilt the saw nose down. Does it stall out? If so, then lean it out a little (cw).
Now adjust the idle screw so the chain doesn't move and perhaps fine tune the L a little more.
Keep in mind that if you have an air leak somewhere this won't work so easily. This might be apparent if you turn the saw on it's side while idling and it races or dies.
Glad you found the throttle rod. Sure beats the screwdriver.

Sounding good man! Don't be afraid to idle it on down. You've got the LA real close. Fine tune it from there base on throttle response from idle to WOT. Then set the H to where the saw is turning 14,000 at WOT if everything's stock.

Sounding good man! Don't be afraid to idle it on down. You've got the LA real close. Fine tune it from there base on throttle response from idle to WOT. Then set the H to where the saw is turning 14,000 at WOT if everything's stock.

Do you mean idle it down with the LA or the L screw? Does it sound like it's idling too high to you? It did a bit to me, but I want more experienced people to hear it. The throttle response is great right now, much better than yesterday when it sounded like it was being dropped into a mud-puddle before it started to rev up.

Thanks for all the help and the replys, Im getting pumped to post a video of this 026 in some wood!
Bill

LA=idle
slow enough so the chain doesn't move
fast enough so it doesn't stall.

Last edited:
026 Revving and Cutting Wood!

Hi guys,

here is the saw at WOT, I think I have it a bit rich and am playing it safe until I get a tach on it.

I sharpened the chain this morning and have been doing some cutting

Thanks to all the guys who helped me on this saw!!
I feel like I've come a long way with this saw with the condition it was in and the amount of knowledge I had before the repairs (although I didn't do any major engine disassembly, the carb restoration was a great learning experience)
Your help is truly appreciated!
I'm still working out the details on this saw so I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Thanks so Much!!

How's it sound?

In Scotch Pine

That looks and sounds real good, looks like you learned good. A little rich will cut through the bigger stuff faster than on the edge of being lean. When it still burbles in the cut for over a half second or a second then it's time to lean it out. Steve

Latest posts

Back