Vintage Saw pics from Northern Minnesota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
Just got back from a vacation to the North Shore of Lake Superior. Went to a logging museum for the early 1900's and he also had a shed of old saws. These are a bit too old to interest me, but I figured that some of you would like to identify what they are. I did like the one circular saw. Never seen one before. Enjoy, everybody!

Cool bunch of saws. Nice example of several that are owned by members here. The ship I believe is the sister ship to the Edmund Fitzgerald.

:givebeer:

Cool bunch of saws. Nice example of several that are owned by members here. The ship I believe is the sister ship to the Edmund Fitzgerald.

:givebeer:

Oh man I love me some Gordon Lightfoot, I bet he had his way with a couple chainsaws up in Canadia.

Nice saws, looks like they have been used well.

It was the last ship to be in contact with the Edmund Fitzgerald. The Captain at that time left safe harbor to go search for any survivors. If I remember the ship left safe harbor at Marquette, Michigan.

Jerry

toms logging camp

I would bet that there are lots of these old saws up where I was. Barns, garages, etc....
i bet that was toms logging camp. cool place on the scenic route north of duluth go there every year. nice saws lots of neat old stuff.

Actually the Anderson was behind (following out of Two Harbors) the Fitz...they didn't turn around and leave harbor. They were the first ones to know the Fitz had probably gone down as they lost radar contact with her.

When I was a kid, I watched a guy fall from that bridge...from 70ft up, landed on the breakwater....:jawdrop:

Actually the Anderson was behind (following out of Two Harbors) the Fitz...they didn't turn around and leave harbor. They were the first ones to know the Fitz had probably gone down as they lost radar contact with her.

When I was a kid, I watched a guy fall from that bridge...from 70ft up, landed on the breakwater....:jawdrop:

The captain decided to turn around after passing where the Fitz went down, which was a very risky move since they were loaded and taking on green water. To turn that big of a ship in a storm and risk capsizing when sideways to the waves really takes a lot of guts.

Did the guy live?

Back