Vintage Saw pics from Northern Minnesota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great collection of old saws. We saw them when we lived in Duluth/Superior. Love that North Shore and the Big Lake! Thanks for sharing some cool saws and a cool ore boat. :)

The captain decided to turn around after passing where the Fitz went down, which was a very risky move since they were loaded and taking on green water. To turn that big of a ship in a storm and risk capsizing when sideways to the waves really takes a lot of guts.

Did the guy live?

No...he didn't. It was right after Grandma's opened up down by the harbor entrance...quite the scene...NOT a sound I ever want to hear again...a body hitting concrete.

I think that it was also the name of the firm that went out of business after they were the accountant to Enron.

Can't beat the north shore. Did a lot of scuba out of Two Harbors and off the wreck just north of Split Rock light house, can't remember the name of it. It was pretty deep and damn cold. Best view of the lake is from the Palisades. Love that area. JR

No...he didn't. It was right after Grandma's opened up down by the harbor entrance...quite the scene...NOT a sound I ever want to hear again...a body hitting concrete.

Too bad.

We ended up waiting for the lift bridge at night and we were stranded just outside of Grandmas(if I am thinking of the right place). Ended up watching the Twins through their windows on their tv's while listening to the radio in the car.

I think that it was also the name of the firm that went out of business after they were the accountant to Enron.

Can't beat the north shore. Did a lot of scuba out of Two Harbors and off the wreck just north of Split Rock light house, can't remember the name of it. It was pretty deep and damn cold. Best view of the lake is from the Palisades. Love that area. JR

I think you are right about the Accounting firm. Arthur Anderson sounds right(wonder if the ship is named after THAT Arthur Anderson?). We went to Split Rock and did touristy stuff. The Silver Bay area reminds me of the lower Black Hills, except for the deciduous trees. I have been reading about diving on the wrecks and how dangerous the deeper wrecks are(and cold). I would rather let someone else do it and watch the movies.:cheers:

Doh! We missed the ship last year as it came in a day latter than scheduled. Last conversation they said there fence was down, and nothing after that. We are fans of the "mystery" around the fitz. We used to go every year in November to split rock for the lighting of the lighthouse for the anniversary of the sinking of the Fitzgerald :clap::chainsaw:

Back