Vintage Saws still in service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer 620 (1962) I still use occasionally

LHMedium.jpg

Ok, now I gotcha, that`s a rare one indeed or so I am told. It was made for Husqvarna by Crescent of Uppsala Sweden in the early 60`s.

I checked in the albums but it seems that a lot of the other picts I have of that saw were lost this summer when my other computer had a melt down, will have to take some more picts again soon and reload the albums.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry that one caught my eye also. I would like to learn more about it also when you get time.

Friend of mine has a 73 041. He cut a 110 cord a year with that saw for 25 years. Still runs today with all original engine!!! I don't know if it has any compression left but that is unbelievable:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:!!!

Jerry that one caught my eye also. I would like to learn more about it also when you get time.

Sure Mark, I will try to find some of the old threads we did on this saw a few years ago, Saw Troll and Magnus knew more about them than I did, the saw litterally fell into my lap, just knew I had not seen one before. Mike Acres has some info on his site under Crescent , they were a small engine company that made outboard motors also.
Pioneerguy600

Friend of mine has a 73 041. He cut a 110 cord a year with that saw for 25 years. Still runs today with all original engine!!! I don't know if it has any compression left but that is unbelievable:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:!!!

Those old 041`s were unbelievably tough saws, most of them just vibrated themselves into oblivion, wore out every fastener and the holes or tabs around them and litterally fell apart.
Pioneerguy600

Here is one

Here is a C5 I got to run again, I used it to clean up after our ice storm last year. It may be loud and heavy but it is a fun saw to use. Can anyone tell me what kind of bar is on this old thing. it is an oregon bar.

Thanks

I figured thats what it was called but wanted to see if anyone else knew before I said that. Yeh The super xl my dad bout in the early 80's to log some. Need to get it fixed to use again.

My dad has a 1968 Poulan 361 that has been being used in the family since then. Still runs great, pretty scary how well it runs actually :) I have two 361's that are very close to running, but I regularly use an old Homie XL12 that I got off my neighbor who bought it new in 1976 and it still runs like a dream. We like cutting firewood with the older saws, the sound is what I like, and they don't cut all that slow either. Pics to come, when I get a chance, its snowin and blowin outside.

Here is a C5 I got to run again, I used it to clean up after our ice storm last year. It may be loud and heavy but it is a fun saw to use. Can anyone tell me what kind of bar is on this old thing. it is an oregon bar.

Loud is indeed the word for those saws.

A few years back, I had a 1962 Homelite C5 and a 1963 Mac 250. Both were like new and they went woodcutting with me. :cheers:

I ended up selling these two classics to collectors and they're probably enjoying a smothe and easy retirement. I still have a mac 10-10 pro though and it runs great. It needs a pull rope put back in it, to be put back in use though.

Back