Visit to the local Ace Hardware Stihl dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiousity, what does the "PS-SRP" stand for? I assume the SRP is an an acronym for Suggested Retail Price, but am not sure on the PS. Also, it sounds like the power equipment retail pricing varies by region, but is this the same case for maintenance parts also? I found an '06-07 dealer/retail price list on line that appeared to have different pricing on parts than what my local dealers charge (some higher, some lower); so, I was just curious...

Thanks for the info.

Not sure, that's just the way it's printed in the dealer price list book, so I just included it as not to be inaccurate. I'm sure you got the 'SRP' part right.

Thall says pricing suppose to be the same across the board, but more than once, I've heard cases of differing information.

Not far from where I work there is a Ace Hardware that stocks Stihl,Husky,and Echo.Recently they added the Stihl line to the tune of 30k worth of orange and white stuff,from trimmers to peaveys and saws up to the 441.After they did that,Husky beefed up their stock,from 137 to 575xp,Now Echo has done thier line up some also.Nice to have a selection like that,with all the choices you want.They dont seem to push one over the other,and the staff seems informed about what they stock,and if they dont know something,they will tell you and get a answer.I have to say the 361 is a good looking saw and feels good in the hand.Ive said it before,fit and finish is really good,And I swear it seems lighter than my 357xp.If I can part with my 61 and the little Echo ive got ,I could make the move for it.Do I really need it?Hell no,but do i want it ,Hell yes.:biggrinbounce2:Also it is going for 579.00!

Last edited:
Not far from where I work there is a Ace Hardware that stocks Stihl,Husky,and Echo.Recently they added the Stihl line to the tune of 30k worth of orange and white stuff,from trimmers to peaveys and saws up to the 441.After they did that,Husky beefed up their stock,from 137 to 575xp,Now Echo has done thier line up some also.Nice to have a selection like that,with all the choices you want.They dont seem to push one over the other,and the staff seems informed about what they stock,and if they dont know something,they will tell you and get a answer.I have to say the 361 is a good looking saw and feels good in the hand.Ive said it before,fit and finish is really good,And I swear it seems lighter than my 357xp.If I can part with my 61 and the little Echo ive got ,I could make the move for it.Do I really need it?Hell no,but do i want it ,Hell yes.:biggrinbounce2:

get er doneeeeeee, buy the 3611111111111111111111111111:bowdown:

you don't need it.

and it ain't a 357xp but buy it anyway,just to remind you how much faster a husky is from time to time.you could also use the stihl for a loaner saw.

Not sure, that's just the way it's printed in the dealer price list book, so I just included it as not to be inaccurate. I'm sure you got the 'SRP' part right.

Thall says pricing suppose to be the same across the board, but more than once, I've heard cases of differing information.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't even notice on the price list (which has parts as well as power equipment and maintenance items) at first, but at the bottom of each page of power equipment, it has the following displayed (see attachment), leading one to believe that indeed, there is different pricing per region. This particular price list is from the following states/regions (AZ, NV, HI, GU).

Back