VP racing fuels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brazos

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Near where I live the is a sports car race track. They have a fuel pump that sales VP Racing Fuels. Like I could pull my truck up to the pump and fill it up like any other gas station. They have 3 different VP fuels. The lowest octane is 100 and the next is like 110. I wish now I would have taken notes or a picture of the pump. I checked it out today in a search for non-ethanol fuel. This is my best/closest option. My question is will this high octane VP racing fuel be a good candidate for a 2-cycle mix? I recently switched over to premix can fuel but go thru it really fast. This summer I will use a lot more 2-cycle fuel as it is summer. I would like to mix my own fuel for the summer. Any thoughts?

Plenty of people using 100 octane. You don’t need that high even, non ethanol is the right choice and that fuel should do you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the lowest octane they had and kind of my concern. Is there some point too much octane is a bad thing? They also had 110 & 114 octane.

Higher octane prevents early fuel detonation. I don’t think it can cause any issues but I don’t know enough about it to say with any certainty. Hard to get that stuff where I’m from so I don’t use it ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have tons of compression, you dont need the octane, doubt youll notice a drop in power with the 100 octane, but you sure would with higher octane. That said it should be hjust fine to run in small ope

Back