Walnut oil burn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't think of it sooner, but a week ago I was removing a Black Walnut and got my arms covered with oily sawdust. It started to burn like hell in the 103 degree heat. I washed it off with soap and water several times, and applied ice when I got home. Wound up with a pretty nasty burn. Has anybody else ever been affected by Walnut like this?

I'm sorry, but my first reaction was to laugh like hell. And then I thought about how crappy it must feel to sit at home with a big burn wound in your arm.

And then I laughed like hell again.

Think about it come payday.

what goes around comes around.
:D

Awhile back I watched a GM cleaning out a clogged chipper chute which had gotten really clogged with pecan-laden brush. He really had to work at it, and it took him quite a long time. That was on a Friday. When I saw him on Monday, he was sporting blister/burnlike sores on his arms. I'ld never seen anything like that before. He said it had developed over the weekend from all that contact with the oily pecan chips. Whodathunkit?

Thanks KF_TREE,

It took me at least two whole minutes to subdue my uncontrolable laughter. I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes. I'll have a good weekend now. Thanks.

Matt

Both pecan and walnut have Juglans in them, could be you have a sensativity to the chemical. I get headaches whenever i turn walnut or butternut

:cry: I lover how butternut turns out :cry:

Latest posts

Back