Wanted a Jonesred 625 that has a sized motor for parts...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctcadman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Jonesred 625 that is smashed (tree landed on it) it needs a head and handle a plastic housing....

P.S this isn't my saw it's a friend saw and I wasn't cutting the TREE...

Thank You

ctcadman

Yeah, sorry to hear about "your friends saw" wink wink. I'll see what I have laying in the Jonsered pile for you .:D
Josh

I'm pretty certain the Husky 61 is the same jug setup as a 625. Both are finger-ported base models. The 266 Husky and 670 are different (but same as each other), with closed bypass ports and the bigger bore. The 630 is same bore as 625, but has closed ports too, tuned to rev a little higher. Then there is the 268 Husky, which had opeen ports, same displacement as 266/670; made less overall hp (pretty much the same as new 365/2165) and finally, everyone's friend, the 272.

The 61 and 625 used a spigot mount carb with external pulse fitting. 630, 670, 266, etc. used a different setup with screws into the mount and an internal passage for crankcase pulse.

larger displacement jugs will bolt up, but if scrounging used pieces, get carb and carb boot too...625 carb won't work on any but Husky 61 cylinders.

Back