Wanted Pictures of you climbing......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey P

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok so it is time for my shop to make a new T-shirt........I need pictures of you guys spiking a tree.......higher the quality the better.......I need it for the artist whom is to draw up the new scene for the shirt. So show me what you got. Much appreciated!!

---Joe

Not looking to steal, or borrow artwork.......I have my own artist and my own trademarked "mascott" if you will for my shop.......I need examples of guys climbing to show the artist.....I need real pics of you in trees. Thanks again guys!

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
This is the best I've got spiking, you can't see any spikes.
\\

Thats the kind of stuff I am looking for .....thanks MasterBlaster!

I got lots of pictures... and I can get many more by this sunday...

The owner wanted this tree for lumber, and (remember I was starting out) I dropped the top out 25' up, so it would be faster to get done. I would still do it that low (with that size above me), but I would set the rope in the tip top. We pulled it over, but it wasnt as easy as it woulda been now.

STUB LEAVER!!! :angry:

attachment.php

:D

Thats a good shot of you in the tree, there, Carl!
But what is that on your saddle?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I keep 4-5 ladder on the van at all times... All medium duty aluminum... easy to handle and different sizes for different situations... If they're hard to get to, heavy and or the wrong size for a specific job... then they don't get used much...
There was some talk about footlocking and throwing a ball being hard on the body... Knees weren't designed with spikes in mind.... I know a couple of guys that had bad knee problems and remember how they loved their spikes...
Besides..... have a look at the base of this tree

Originally posted by murphy4trees
I keep 4-5 ladder on the van at all times... All medium duty aluminum... easy to handle and different sizes for different situations... If they're hard to get to, heavy and or the wrong size for a specific job... then they don't get used much...
There was some talk about footlocking and throwing a ball being hard on the body... Knees weren't designed with spikes in mind.... I know a couple of guys that had bad knee problems and remember how they loved their spikes...
Besides..... have a look at the base of this tree

Yea that tree might pose a hazard, but some might say do this or that, and try to save it.:rolleyes:

That is another thing that I have noticed, most of the local "legends" have bad knees and shoulders. The spikes improperly load the knees, trying to bend them outward, the shorter the gaff, the less leverage that can act on the knee, but that isnt always practical.

That is another reason I only wear spikes when I have to.

RBtree has got some awesome shots. You might want to look at a timbersports webpage as sometimes you can get some cool action shots on spikes. :)

Carl, hooks haven't hurt my knees one bit - where do you get this idea? :confused:

Hemlock, don't tease us like that! We're lazy!

Give us a link! ;)

Latest posts

Back