Wanted Pictures of you climbing......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Carl, hooks haven't hurt my knees one bit - where do you get this idea? :confused:

My uncle was the head of orthopedics at the Jackson hospital for 25 years, and now runs a rehab center.

Others that have been doing trees forever....

The people that I am refering to have never used a rope to climb on, they do all there climbing on spikes, and have never heard of false crotches or the like.

They would be considered hacks for the most part, by most here, including myself.

Originally posted by Lumberjack
My uncle was the head of orthopedics at the Jackson hospital for 25 years, and now runs a rehab center.

So, he knows dozens of old tree climbers with knee problems?:confused:

Hey, who rang my bell?

A mighty small maple, but we got $3400 to take it off the house! Very rigging intensive technical work. No crane access.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
So, he knows dozens of old tree climbers with knee problems?:confused:

I dunno... we have just talked about it... he said that it improperly loads the knee, but that it can go years without problems. People that are prone to other knee problems are more sucseptable... I might send him an email and ask him his formal opinion...

Tough to attribute knee/leg problems to gaffs.

My knees were garbage before I ever got back into climbing... and are actually better (some) because of it.

Bu that's JMHO.

THanks guys.....good stuff coming here.....Im still looking for that money shot though.....keep em coming :)

attachment.php

OO Craig I could see that "spurs on Poplar" as a cartoon shirt. The sawdust is drifting onto a convertable Caddy by a no parking sign. The forman is saying 'You shoulda moved it when we asked" to the fuming owner.

Originally posted by Burnham
Darned if I can get the sizing right :( . Sorry.

It is pretty simple, actually. Open the pic in paint, go to stretch/skew, and reduce to a percentage. I think I reduced it to 15%.
attachment.php

Here's Dennis at his Clearwater Revival. first time he'd spur climbed..and he had gaffed himself seconds before, but didn't let on till he came down.

Here's Bob York, 69m yrs old, fighting off prostrate cancer...aka "Steelhead Bob", far and away the greatest steelhead fly fisherman in history.

This and the next shot were in the massive western white pine that was $1500 underbid-2.5 truckloads of chips, 2 days, crew of 4.5, 2 climbers most of the time.

Latest posts

Back