Wanted Pictures of you climbing......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PPE

carl im assuimng that by PPE you have type 'C' trousers, cutting boots, helmet with eye and ear protection.....

i couldnt and wouldnt give up my trousers and boots.....not for nothing, not even risking teh possibility of making a mistake and, accidentally cutting myself.....

nice pics though

jamie

Re: PPE

Originally posted by jamie
carl im assuimng that by PPE you have type 'C' trousers, cutting boots, helmet with eye and ear protection.....

nice pics though

jamie

Uh no.

I wear pants, not trousers. I pefer blue jeans or Carhearts. I wear CAT work boots, but those are gonna be replaced, as it is time. Probably same boot with a steel toe and a stiffer sole.

The helment and eye protection are visible in the pic. The plugs are there too, but you cant see them.

Jamie,

Protective boots and clothing are not required for work aloft in the US.

Nothing wrong with safety gear though!

protection

this side of teh pond type c trousers (all round protection) are required for inexperienced saw users and those using them off the ground......

oh they get hot, the winter they are wet with rain, the summer they are wet with sweat (and rain, it is scotland after all)

jamie

photo op

The local paper, the Reading Eagle wanted some pics of me a 62 year old newbie setting up and climbing a 270 year old oak in our area.

This shot is by my significant other ground crew. The article isn't out yet. It will be out 3/15/04.

Later,
Jack

da oak

The tree is in the Reading, PA area. At the Blue Marsh Resevoir(sp).

BTW: I am originaly from Wis. - Appleton, Wis.

Hey Joey P, i have a number of pics from various jobs, here's 1 of the better quality ones. Hope it helps;) Let me know if you want some more.

yea yea, i know, i should be wearing a hard hat. This season my crews are all required to wear hard hats and ear and eye protection when on a job site. And yes, that was a removal, i know better than to use spikes for a pruning job, it's too bad not ALL tree climbers are aware of that though.

I never notice how close some of you all are to where I'm at here in PA. I do a little work on the side in Ambler not too far from Willow Grove. Interesing. So what is wrong with that last pic besides the hard hat? It's little things.

how about this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back