Wanted Pictures of you climbing......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big John, where in PA are you located and what company do you climb for? We might be passing each other now and then on the road and don't even realize it. I've worked in Ambler a number of times but most of my work is in the Willow Grove, Hatboro, Abington, Huntingdon Valley, and Elkins Park area. As long as the job's worth the travel, i don't mind the distance.

Originally posted by BigJohn
how about this one?

Hey big guy:

Coupla pointers on pics:

Post them in JPG format, and make them alot smaller, alot smaller.

JPG is a more condenced format, BMP is huge. That is why the last pic didnt load fully.

You do this in paint. Open the picture in paint... go to stretch skew and reduce, these pics could be 15% or 20%. Then go to save as, and make sure that it says .jpg, not .bmp, if it does then change it. Then change the name of the file to somthing you can remember what the pic is.

Here is your same pic, resized down to 20% then down another 25%.

Big peice... snap cut?

attachment.php

I work on the main line like haverford,gladwyn, bryn mawr, narberth. I work for John B Ward. I do a little on the side for a landscaper in Ambler, mostly elevating big poplars so he can more light on the lawn. Here is one resized.

It is a straight through cut with a crane. Just plunging and letting come together and makeing room to keep on keeping on. No I am not a big fan of the velcro straps. I like to crank these down pretty tight. I had a set when they first came out and they were a little different than what is sold today. I got those pads free so I like that even better. Here is a better shot including the crane.

I know what your saying I hate having the tops of gaffs rolling towards the back of my calves. The bottoms I like a little loser to keep my feet from cramping and losing circulation.

Hey TreeCo, from just looking at THAT pic you are correct, however i was just using the dead nub to hold the lowering(blue) line out of my way while making the notch, after making the notch i ran it through a false crotch and continued to make a back cut. I had my climbing line and also a lanyard around the trunk. Good observations though.

Big Jon, Master B--If you try the "caddy" pads, the solid aluminum, you'll find that roll of the shank to the rear of your calf is completely controlled...it just does not happen. This lets you get away with a smidgen more looseness in the straps, so blood flows and you get no cramps in the muscles. This is the real reason these are such comfortable pads...FWIW :)

But not free, Jon :D

Latest posts

Back