was i scammed on here ? sent $ now FS thread has dissapeared !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you click reply, even if the thread is deleted, you would have a copy of his post in your post. He shouldn't be able to delete your post and you would have a record of it.
Sometimes I will also take a screenshot with my phone of anything I think is important (or might be in the future).

I have seen threads in the trading post "disappear" as well. Don't know how or where, but it has happened. Once was on a purchase I made and, I admit, it initially concerned me a bit, but the seller was a reputable member and there was communication and all that good stuff via PM.

I remember reading that sale thread, I can't remember the details, though. Seemed legit to me. Of course, he could have two screen names and was just talking himself up!

I once met a guy at Home Depot to sell him an old front axle, I think I was asking $60 for it. I had my wife and two daughters with me. As he was getting out of his truck I could see him shoving a handgun in the back of his pants! The transaction went smoothly, and he seemed like a great guy. I don't know if he thought I was gonna try something over $60, but it definitely caught me off guard! I guess it's a good idea to be cautious when it comes to cash transactions.

I carry one during every CL transaction. Sometimes right out in the wide open for the fella to see, but that's just the way I am.

I would never, ever want to have to use it and would exhaust every other option before the S&W .40 came out.

I don't care what nationality you are, what language you speak, a gun speaks the universal language everyone understands.

all seems fine - puh ! just got a PM with a USPS tracking number !!!!

yes - i double checked on my FS ads and the Op can delete the entire thread - that is wrong. just my two cents.

AS has always been good to me as far as transactions go.
The main draw on this site is not business transactions. AS doesn't charge for this, it's just a perk. There has nary been a time that I have heard of much scamming going on. Most guys get weeded out long before they can even come close to finalizing a transaction.

What you have to understand is this,

This is not eBay, therefore there are no requirements as a seller that they have to meet. No stipulations whatsoever. There is no feedback system, nor any recourse for you, the buyer, unless you pay through PayPal and not as a gift.

This would mean that you, as the buyer, are solely responsible for your actions when it comes to buying here on AS. If you don't do your homework and judgement of character prior to purchasing off a member here it is more or less just as much your fault as it is theirs.

With that said.....

Since this is not eBay and these guys don't have any stipulations to meet, day jobs, families, broke down equipment needing fixed, 800 saws out in the pole barn, another pole barn being framed, snow needing plowed, brush needing burned, grass needing cut, hay needing baled, truck needing u-joints, tractor needing the oil changed, diapers needing wiped, lumber needing bought and a 12 cord a year firewood habit it may take em a couple days to get it out in the mail, and another day or 2 to sling you a tracking number if you're that lucky.

Not being smart here, just realistic.

Glad it all worked out for you! But I don't see the point deleting the thread. All that needs to be done is change it to "SOLD"

I know people are busy, but when someone sends me money, I feel obligated to keep them updated as to what is going on. It only takes a couple minutes to text or PM/e-mail someone. I think 4 days is a little ridiculous, just my opinion. Good luck wih your new toy.

Glad it all worked out for you! But I don't see the point deleting the thread. All that needs to be done is change it to "SOLD"

I know people are busy, but when someone sends me money, I feel obligated to keep them updated as to what is going on. It only takes a couple minutes to text or PM/e-mail someone. I think 4 days is a little ridiculous, just my opinion. Good luck wih your new toy.

I enter all tracking information in when I'm in the parking lot at the PO.

Or if it's someone I know quite well I'll either just give em a heads up or tell em the day to expect it.

I don't expect it outta most people though, their word is plenty good enough.

Pay with a CC through Paypal and you can always get your money back. Costs the seller more that way, and maybe the buyer as a result, but that is the price of insured sales. It costs you what, 3%??? Why the *F* do people not do this? CC is way better about non-shipped or bait and switch or crap stuff than Paypal. Paypal takes a while to file a claim. CC is just return it by mail and when they sign for it, your money is refunded. End of story. I have sold and shipped a lot of saws myself and never lost one in the mail, or had one returned for any reason. I always insure them for more than they are worth, just in case. I only take Paypal because there are too many ways to get burned using other transaction methods, and Paypal is easy to transfer international currency with. I add in all the costs up front, with shipping, insurance, Paypal and the saw. Never had a sale go bad. I have had several Ebay buys go bad, and I do not buy saws there any more. Parts, yes, saws, no. And even then I use a CC and Paypal. If they burn me I am only out the cost of return shipping. If I do not get it in the mail I am out nothing but some time and frustration.

Latest posts

Back