Waste motor oil as bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the news yesterday said eating broccoli can cause cancer, today on the news said eating broccoli helps prevent cancer🤔 not sure how the old guys survived and are still alive after lead paint lead in gas and asbestos. And eating eating broccoli once a week for 50 years
They survived because they had a limited exposure to unauthorized, unapproved bar oil. Obviously that stuff is deadly.

Lighten up Francis...

Wow has a plan that he's put some thought into, and while I don't personally use WMO for anything except the occasional bonfire starter, and only consume a small amount of bar oil. So it would never be cost effective. But still I see a lot of merit in his concoction. I think the amount of bar oil making it's way into the lungs are minimal, at best. And "known carcinogen"? Did the regular bar oil get a free pass on that? Or is it more okay for breathing? I change my oil when it turns caramel colored, and would assume that it would take little filtering to once again be useful. But fully agree that bar oil is cheap, so that's what I use.
Regular bar oil isn't a carcinogen and used motor oil is.
The "concotion" doesn't do a thing to change the toxic nature of drain oil.

which is where most of my laughter is directed. lube is lube.... anything you get from used motor oil is no worse than the grit you normally pick up from cutting wood. I personally use my used motor oil for a space heater that is designed and built it (By me) but anything else is game, you can adjust for it hence the adjustable oiler..
No lube isn't lube. Run bar oil in your car and see what happens.
And yes there are things in used oil that are much worse than regular bar oil and it has nothing to do with dirt and grit.

Hmmm.
Thinking of running that in my Subaru, since it does not seem to make a difference.

Philbert

No lube isn't lube. Run bar oil in your car and see what happens.
And yes there are things in used oil that are much worse than regular bar oil and it has nothing to do with dirt and grit.

Lol. Good enough for Philbert's Subaru it seems.

Regular bar oil isn't a carcinogen and used motor oil is.
The "concotion" doesn't do a thing to change the toxic nature of drain oil.
Got any real evidence of how much bar oil is inhaled? Any evidence that regular bar oil ISN'T toxic? If not then you're just making an assumption. That kind of thinking is exactly how this country has ended up wearing face diapers.

I knew three guys who lived near a restaurant that cooked lots of french fries and fried chicken. They collected all their waste cooking oil and used it in their chain saws regularly. One of them liked it when the bar got hot and smoked the cooking oil because the smell made him salivate.
Back in the day I would look around to see where the smell of fast food (French Fries) was coming from.. There aren't any fast food joints around my neck of PodunkVille .. sure enough somebody would leave their diesel running and they were recycling veg oil. They had to be careful about gelling as winter caught up with them. The smell was pleasant considering I seldom eat fast food.. and it was always stronger with lower temperatures. Seldom see/smell that anymore since new tech is wreaking havoc when veg oil meets the new technology.

Back