Wear your chaps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna bib pants

Glad you're OK- that stuff happens to fast! It's led me to wonder if my Husky bib pants would have been as effective or should I be getting myself some Labonville chaps?

Do your Husky pants have several layers of Kevlar? Labonvilles do, and that is what makes the difference, especially if you hit them with the saw at full power. :

Not sure about the quality.. They are thick on the front, so I presume that's where the Kevlar is, but I can't open them up to see layers. They're stamped "Workman's Compensation Board of BC"
To be honest with myself, I get so warm in them I don't wear them as often as I should, which is anytime I run a saw. Perhaps Labonville competition chaps would be more protective, and cooler.

Not sure about the quality.. They are thick on the front, so I presume that's where the Kevlar is, but I can't open them up to see layers. They're stamped "Workman's Compensation Board of BC"
To be honest with myself, I get so warm in them I don't wear them as often as I should, which is anytime I run a saw. Perhaps Labonville competition chaps would be more protective, and cooler.

The chaps are a bit warm. In the warm months, and it gets pretty warm here in Southern Or. at times, I wear them with a pair of Carhartt shorts. Works pretty good if you are not in the blackberrys, thistles, poison oak or other nasty stuff.

"Glad you're OK- that stuff happens to fast!"

Thanks. I really didn't know it got me that good till I stepped forward to make another cut, looked down, and noticed my 262xp was all plugged up with this white stuff that looked like fiberglass insulation!.....Cliff

Back