Weekend firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92utownxh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some weekend firewood with one of my sons. Before anyone says anything he was sound asleep in the house when I went out to cut this tree down, and a few others. Once they were on the ground and limbed up I went to get him. He's obsessed with chainsaws, firewood, and 4 wheelers. He's 2 and a half. He loves it. He sits on the 4 wheeler and watches. He insisted on wearing his ppe too. And of course he brought his saw too. When I'm cutting I can always see him to make sure he's on the 4 wheeler.

One day a few weeks ago he wanted to go watch me split a pile of wood. It was all in the backyard. I parked the splitter and pulled the 4 wheeler around so he could watch. He had on his ppe then too. Eventually I saw him slowly bending down over the tank of the 4 wheeler. He had fallen asleep watching while on the parked 4 wheeler. Had to take him inside for a good nap.

I love the boys helping. The 7 year old isn't wanting to so much, but the 2.5 year old loves it. The 1 year old loves being outside or watching through the window.

Attachments

• 20170122_140947.jpg
    20170122_140947.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20170122_160510.jpg
    20170122_160510.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 75
That is awesome my soon to be 2year old comes out with mommy to watch me split wood. He also likes to help carry sticks in from the woods and hand me wood to put in the fire. You have to love little helpers.

Yesterday afternoon when I got home from work he went outside to help me feed animals. He got his chainsaw out of his wheel barrow. Then he told me we had to go down to the field on the 4 wheeler to cut more firewood. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time before we had to go in for supper. He got very upset, all he wanted to do was cut firewood. I felt bad.

Latest posts

Back