Welding of a top handle and replacement rubber for handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Wright said:
Kev, Got you handle welded up today. Had to take advantage of the sunshine here in Ohio....Bob
THANKS for the update. Taking advantage too. New project saw today showed up, a stihl 011AV. Pics are in the new post of it.
Thanks again. I didnt think it was to bad of a break, but didnt trust it. Looked like someone had pulled hard on it over and over to break the handle and the left side av spring and bend up the rear av on that 5000.

Cut4fun said:
I try very carefully because I could twist it around in a 23 year old. It is 5000 Thanks. I think my parts look like chicken scratch and aluminum tig welds and could only imagine it would make back up Parts I'd like to handle a extra partner for what for someone with a poop spot that steel welds I will keep all the info....

It's nice that you could share this with us, but I think 5000 (US or CAN) is asking too much.

Don't be so down on yourself, self image is important

Dreams are good, but try not to be too specific

Those are definitely photos we don't want you to share

You might want to move it to the trading post also, you'll probably get more takers.

:D

And in the time it took me to do that you've given me sooo much more material to work with...

Here is what I said you you you twister. LOL
Cut4fun said:
That right there is why I try to chose my words very carefully here. :laugh:
I have changed complete sentences because I could see where someone would twist it around.
I think I will find someone that tig welds then because my steel welds look like chicken scratch and I could only imagine what a poop spot I'd make with aluminum. It is a 23 year old handle for a extra partner 5000 and would like to keep it for a back up. Parts are parts.
Thanks for all the info.

Now thats not what i had posted YOU you you TWISTER of WORDS. :cheers:

Handle Rubber

I have found ordering a heavy tube of heat shrink(for battery cable) works just fine.Can order it at any local auto parts store.It is thick and very durable.And you can get it in different colors.

Partner 5000 handle

Bob, I received the handle back today. Its better then I thought it would turn out too. Just hope i can repay the favor someday to you and Thanks again.:D

Last edited:
Back