Went to get a mower and came home with......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have the carb kit and base gasket on order, only question I have left is, could someone recommend some fuel line for this thing? I don't know if I need to find the same as what is one it, or just get some bulk fuel line in the right size, what ever that is.

I would like to thank everyone for there help/support! I really enjoy work on these saws!

Thanks again, Scott T.

Ok, I got the fuel lines and oil seals ordered. Figure I might as well replace them now. All I think I may need is a fuel filter, or the felt for it. It needs a new bar and chain also, but that can wait.

Thanks again for the help guys! I am going to try cleaning some of it up tomorrow if I get time. 3 year old twins seem to take up most of my time these days!!

Still waiting on parts, they should all be here by Friday. So in the meantime I started cleaning some of the parts up. I have to help take down some old dead trees at my in-laws Saturday, so I probably wont get to work on it until sunday or Monday.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a bar for this thing? I have an Oregon on the Makita dcs34, and a Carlton on my 288xp, and a Stihl on my, well, Stihl. So I figure since I have 6 different brand saws, I should have 6 different brand bars, haha! It came with a Windsor, but its in bad shape.

Thanks again everyone!

So I got to work on it for just a minute this weekend. I got the piston in it and realized I haven't ordered any gaskets for it. I need the gasket that goes to the plastic manifold that attaches to the cylinder its self. If I get more time today I will see if I can find them.

As for a bar, I am going to wait until I get it running, then I will order one. After running my Stihl 038 Super this weekend with a 20" bar I decided I really need an 18" on this one. On another note, my dcs34 Makita ran great with a new bar and chain!

Thanks again everyone!!

Alright, so after being busy for the last month I finally found a little time to work on the dolmar. I got it back together and it fired up on the 2nd or 3rd pull, then died. And wouldn't restart for until it had set for about 10-15 minutes. Smelled like it flooded out. Could I have put something back together wrong on the injection lever deal? I also have some blackish gas smelling fluid coming out on the clutch side. So I need to go ahead and replace the oil seals since I have them. I got in a hurry because I have a stihl 034 and parts saw I have been wanting to play with!

Just took a quick look at it again after getting home, and noticed that it looks like I may have gotten the wrong chain. Looks to be binding at the sprocket. So I looked and the old bar is a 20" with 70 teeth on the chain, the new one is 18" with 68 teeth on the chain. Engine work I don't have many issues with, but for some reason chain can be confusing to me, ugh!

Scratch that, the old bar is only about a half inch longer than the new 18" one. So maybe I will just put the old stuff on for now while I figure out were I went south

Last edited:
So I actually got a chance to look at the chain issue for more than 2 minutes, and found that it is the chain brake that is causing the sparks. So I need to look into it a little more, but it makes me feel a little better. Other another note, it seems to run really good! I still think that I may not have something right on the injection lever, but I will mess with it later.

Thanks again for all the help guys! The manuals have been very helpful on this one!

So I got the saw all back together but haven't had a chance to get it in any wood yet. Hope to in the next week or so. It runs really good, but I haven't modified the muffler yet but will soon. I will get pictures this weekend.

On another note, if anyone is interested in the Mac 10-10 I don't think I am going to do anything with it. I need to work on my Stihl 034 and cant seem to find the time for it!

So I finally got a picture of it. I have noticed that it only runs with the "injection" lever up. If I put it down it dies, but just to note I haven't rebuilt the carb yet. And as for the bar I just went with an Oregon bar and chain since I got a good deal on it. I may keep my eyes open for a Windsor in the future though.
Hope to get to rebuild the carb sometime soon but life has been very busy lately, and with winter coming I started working on my 1971 Gilson snowblower to get it in tip top shape. Also wanting to tear out my fireplace, its a steel firebox, and take down the fake rock wall around it and install a wood stove I have setting in my garage. Would put out a lot more heat!

Thanks for all the help so far, on all the saws actually! I don't know if I ever would have started messing with them if it weren't for this site!!!

Back