Went to get a mower and came home with......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
The 10-10 is the better loaner saw. The Dolmar is a good runner for yourself.

If you look in my sig, I have a stihl 038 super in about the same size, and its in great shape. So, I don't think I would have a problem loaning this dolmar to some good friends. As for the mac, I think it would be a good loaner also. Just depends on how big of a tree they are working on I guess.

Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
A buddy of mine has a pristine J-10, and a scrambler that is get a ton of body and paint work to get it back to the original color.

As for the saw, I took it apart this morning, and man is it dirty!! Had a little scoring and some transfer on the cylinder. It all cleaned up good though. I just need to clean everything else while I am waiting for parts to show up! Still need to order a carb kit, and I need a base gasket, so may look for a complete gasket set. Need to replace the fuel lines and fuel filter too.

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Last edited:
Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
So, looks like this dolmar is a little harder to find some parts for. Will the gasket set for the 6800 work on the 120si? And apparently I am not looking in the right place for a carb kit. Its the tillotson 236, so it shouldn't be this hard, haha

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
The cylinder base gaskets and carb manifold gaskets are the same.

I've had to cut my own in times past

psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
One item to look at before you get too far into it is the muffler. On the 120SI/Super that I have the bottom exit exhaust heats up the top of the oil tank plastic. It was recommended to block it off and go with a top exit pipe. This is not true of Canadian models as they have the top exit pipe from what info was given to me.

Last edited:
ShaneLogs

ShaneLogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Dolmar appears to be a 6000 or 6800 as the muffler is made like those two rather than the 116S/120S saws.

These two series are very similar designs with essentially the same cylinder and piston but the muffler is designed and attached differently.

Here is a picture of my 6800iH

attachment.php

What an awesome place for the kill switch!

Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
One item to look at before you get too far into it is the muffler. On the 120SI/Super that I have the bottom exit exhaust heats up the top of the oil tank plastic. It was recommended to block it off and go with a top exit pipe. This is not true of Canadian models as they have the top exit pipe from what info was given to me.

Yeah, mine exits out the bottom too. It looks a lot like the pictures you posted. So I will get it taken care of. Would someone be able to post pictures for a modified one for me to get an idea of what I need to do?

Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
So would the fuel lines be the same? Or should I just get some bulk line?

And does anyone have the part number for a carb kit? It has a tillotson s236c on the side.

Last edited:
psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yeah, mine exits out the bottom too. It looks a lot like the pictures you posted. So I will get it taken care of. Would someone be able to post pictures for a modified one for me to get an idea of what I need to do?

There are some pics on the dolmar thread of the top port exits. I still have not modified mine but have not run it again either

Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
Ok, I am wondering if someone could please point me in the right direction here, I am looking for a carb kit for this thing and the only numbers I see on the carb are S236C 143, at least that's what it looks like. It is a Tillotson. So if anyone knows the part number or has a link to the kit, that would be awesome!

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ok, I am wondering if someone could please point me in the right direction here, I am looking for a carb kit for this thing and the only numbers I see on the carb are S236C 143, at least that's what it looks like. It is a Tillotson. So if anyone knows the part number or has a link to the kit, that would be awesome!

http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Dolmar 116si and 120si.pdf

957 150 100

Looks like might be same for other popular models

Last edited:
nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!

RK-27hs should work on any 236 carb.

Thomud

Thomud

ArboristSite Member
Thanks a ton guys!

As for my garden tractors, I have a '90's Massey ferguson 214GTX, which is the abou the same as a Case 224 or Ingersol 3014, made by Case, then I have a 1977 Ford LGT120, another LGT120 for parts, and a Ford LGT145 from 1976 which is the older open sided model. I am trying to restore it.

Latest posts