went to work, came home with 2 saws! questions on both....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foursaps

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A couple guys at work were talking about some old saws they had, one had no spark, and the other was used as a parts saw. They offered them up to me to fix or use as parts, and i said why not?!

this is what i got:

Husqvarna 372XP, complete and runs, needs engine mount (spring to handlebar), bar and chain (may get my 24" off the 394), and a new muffler. anyone have a modded muffler they want to get rid of? :rock:

My first stihl! :confused: Help on proper id?

i think a stihl 045AV. (might be AVE, previous owner says it is) the spark plug wire is worn through, and i think the ground wire is broken. The guy said it lost spark, he tore it apart and gave up. Where can i get a new spark plug wire? and can i repair the other wire?

pics:

nothing? I want to get the stihl going, i've searched a little on the 045, just need some help to make sure what i have is an 045AV.

and what can be done about the spark plug wire? anyone have an exploded view of these saws?

Replace the wire with a good one(it is threaded into the coil), dont try and patch it (it will only be a pain) go the the beg for manuals thread and ask for the IPL and Manual.

Good Luck

is there any way to positively ID this as an 045AV? the sticker is wore off the top, and i can't seem to find any numbers on it.

Maybe measure the bore and stroke? It's that far down already, take it a little further and see.

Pull the flywheel and see if it has the points style ignition. That is an early 045.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back