West coast porter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone porting saws on the west coast? I've got a 460 and 036 I'd like to get done.

Have had a few done by East Coast guys, just trying to save on shipping, it was in the area of $120-150 just for shipping one saw there and back.

Mr. Bob Walker

Hotsaws

Madsen's

I'll be sure to call ahead and let them know your looking for another business partner.

i know alot of guys who port here but none of them will port a used saw as far as i know.

How come?

I haven't had a saw ported yet, but that's about to change. I've got this all messed up...Lol! I was thinking I should break the saw's in before sending, but it sounds like I got that all wrong.

How come?

I haven't had a saw ported yet, but that's about to change. I've got this all messed up...Lol! I was thinking I should break the saw's in before sending, but it sounds like I got that all wrong.

where i'm from firewood hacks are realistic and don't get saws ported. the ones that do run a ported saw got it used or port them themselves. porters here port for professional cutters and the only way to do it is when new. more time to do a used saw because of filth and used saws can have other issues to deal with that the seller may not have known about. i'll port a used saw for someone but they will be responsible for parts and labour for extra repairs needed. if they choose to abandon the project they either abandon the saw too or pay something as i don't waste my time for no one.

where i'm from firewood hacks are realistic and don't get saws ported. the ones that do run a ported saw got it used or port them themselves. porters here port for professional cutters and the only way to do it is when new. more time to do a used saw because of filth and used saws can have other issues to deal with that the seller may not have known about. i'll port a used saw for someone but they will be responsible for parts and labour for extra repairs needed. if they choose to abandon the project they either abandon the saw too or pay something as i don't waste my time for no one.

"firewood hacks are realistic"

C'mon now, no need to start making sh*t up....Lmao!

Seriously though, I've been around enough iron to know that the quickest way to piss off your mechanic is to bring him something covered in filth when you should've cleaned it up first. I'll bet finding issues with a used saw the owner didn't know about, is quite common. Your solution of paying for extra parts and labor seems a no brainier to me. I've noticed the guys doing port work around here seem to work hard on their reputation, so trusting should come easy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it.

-Pat

Porters port periodically professionaly. Send me your doe and your saw and I can make your saw make at least 1000 trees piss their roots.
The bad news is that I'm booked until 2020.

Checking calendar now....Yup, Jan. 1, 2020 works for me. You're hired! I'll be sending my Kawasaki H2 power head, 16" Sugihara, and my "Ass, Gas, or Grass, nobody rides for free" sticker.

Checking calendar now....Yup, Jan. 1, 2020 works for me. You're hired! I'll be sending my Kawasaki H2 power head, 16" Sugihara, and my "Ass, Gas, or Grass, nobody rides for free" sticker.
Sounds good to me. I can also deliver since I have a few friends in Northern California who are way better saw builders than I will ever be.

Porters port periodically professionaly. Send me your doe and your saw and I can make your saw make at least 1000 trees piss their roots.
The bad news is that I'm booked until 2020.
'nother words you need a loan 'till 2020? Is that when you think you will be dead?

Latest posts

Back